Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Michael’s name means, “S/he who is like God.”
Archangel Michael is the warrior and protector angel. He destroys feelings of fear and dissolves cords of attachment.
Archangel Michael brings you strength, courage and grounding. Archangel Michael helps bolster your courage and face any trials you may be experiencing in life.
Michael assists you to clarify your thoughts in the moment and inspires you to act in accord with truth. He helps you move forward in life and make any necessary changes to fulfill your destiny.
Michael is the Defender of the South and Fire Elementals and upholds fair and balanced outcomes in your personal life, as well as at the collective and global levels.
Michael is the patron angel and protector of all those in the legal and military professions.
Archangel Michael’s Key Oils
Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Spikenard is listed on ICUN list of critically endangered species. Consider substituting Ylang Ylang III. Though Ylang Ylang has a completely different aromatic profile, it is especially high in sesquiterpene content making it an especially suitable alternative to consider for the desired effect of calming and reducing feelings of anxiety and fear.
Scent: Sweet, earthy, resinous, woody, exotic and sensual, warm and radiant
- Spikenard was the aromatic oil in the foot balm that Mary Magdalene used to anoint her master Jesus' feet in the New Testament of the Bible.
- Spikenard is an ideal meditation oil and has traditionally been used in many incense formulas and for spiritual enhancement. It is considered a spiritual aid for contemplation and clarity of mind.
- A relative of the Valerian family, Spikenard oil's high sesquiterpene and sesquiterpenol chemical content makes it one of the most powerful soothing and calming oils in aromatherapy. It is often recommended for easing anxiety and stress.
- Psycho-emotionally, Spikenard promotes emotional balance. It may be useful for releasing old fears and anxiety stemming from past trauma.
Cedarwood (Cedrus deodora)
Scent: Balsamic, rich, sweet, warm, woody, with fruity and honey notes
- Its tonic and fortifying effect on the mind and emotions can help to bolster your courage in times of great change.
- Its sesquiterpene and sesquiterpenol content give Himalayan Cedarwood its grounding and stabilizing effect.
Black Spruce (Picea mariana)
Scent: Fresh, balsamic and woody
- The scent is like an embrace by mother nature. Its vibrantly deep, green forest aroma is reminiscent of taking a walk in the woods. Freeing and uplifting to the senses, Black Spruce oil can help restore your sense of zest for life!
- Black Spruce is one of the best oils to use when needing to overcome a sense of defeat or failure. It can help shift your perspective and see things in a whole new light.
- When you need renewal of your motivation to carry on, Black Spruce is a great friend.
- Black Spruce promotes mental clarity and is helpful for clearing mental confusion.
- High in the chemical component bornyl acetate (an ester), Black Spruce has a calming and relaxing effect on the body and mind.
- Black Spruce oil makes a wonderful addition to any Wealth Attraction blend.
Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
Scent: Fresh, herbaceous, spicy, warm and radiant
Chemical Family: Phenol
- Its scent is dynamic, fresh and radiant with intensely hot and spicy notes.
- A phenol (the warriors of aromatherapy), Thyme is very high in thymol (up to 60% or more), carvacrol (up to 40% or more).
- Thyme is believed to bring courage to the one using it. The origin of the name thyme is related to the Greek word thymos which means “spiritedness."
- The Greek's used thyme for purification in their baths and as incense in their temples. And, the Egyptian's used the thyme plant for embalming in the mummification process.
- The word itself has a physical association with the breath, or blood, and is used to express the human desire for recognition.
- Highly regarded in aromatherapy for its stimulating and cleansing properties, Thyme oil can help support a healthy immune (defense) system.
Galbanum (Ferula galbaniflua)
Scent: Earthy, spicy, herbal, warm, woody, balsamic and piney
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
- Galbanum oil is the most “intensely green” oils in aromatherapy. It’s like smelling the good earth, freshly tilled, alive and rich in nutrients.
- An ancient plant of Persia, traditionally, galbanum was used for making incense. It is mentioned in the Book of Exodus for this purpose.
- The ancient Egyptians highly favored galbanum as a holy plant aromatic. The reputed “green” incense of ancient Egypt is thought to be galbanum.
- One of the oldest herbs, Hippocrates used it as did Pliny the Elder who ascribed Galbanum with “extraordinary curative powers.”
- Some of the mythology associated with galbanum has referred to it as the sacred “mother resin.”
- It's musty green scent is especially appreciated by perfumers. It has been used for making fine perfumes.
- Psycho-emotionally, galbanum has a calming, balancing, and grounding effect upon the mind and emotions.
- Galbanum oil's rejuvenating properties make it useful for relieving a variety of nervous and emotional complaints like anxiety and depression.
Michael EO Recipe
To a 5ml (100 drops) colored glass euro-dropper bottle add:
Spkenard (may substitute Ylang Ylang III) - 40 drops
Cedarwood - 40 drops
Thyme - 10 drops
Black Spruce - 1-5 drops
Galbanum - 1-2 drops
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend oils thoroughly. Allow to synergize for 12 hours or longer before using.
- Supports your inner warrior
- Promotes courage, strength and self confidence
- Helps you to dissolve cords of attachment
- Assists you to clarify your direction
- Helps you to make right choices in the moment
- Supports you to make changes needed to fulfill your destiny
- Supports just, fair and balanced outcomes
Angel and protector of those in legal and military professions
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use on one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Now, invite Archangel Michael to assist you with your meditation. Feel the mighty strength of Michael elevate and align you with thoughts of courage. Michael will help keep your thoughts and feelings aligned with truth and trust for the life process.
Ask Michael, “Help me to feel the strength and courage that is your very essence.”
Ask Michael, "Over light, protect and guide me to attract and create only that which is beneficial for all concerned.”
Ask Michael, “Illumine my mind and enhance my perceptions, so that I only see the truth that is at work in my life.”
Ask Michael, “Assist me to cultivate thoughts of truth and courage in my daily life for the creation of a more Just world now and in the future.”
Now, be still and silent as you absorb Michael’s angelic healing light of courage and strength.
Allow Michael to do the work necessary to align and bring balance to your life. Let any worry, concern, or cords of attachment to quietly melt away. Empty yourself completely of any feeling of discomfort you may have been feeling. Just remain peaceful and calm as you absorb Michael’s healing light.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel fearful, or distrustful of people or circumstances you may be faced with in your life, or anytime you need to bolster your courage.