The Aromatherapy Home Study Course
Healing with Essential Oils
48 Hour Certification Exam
with KG Stiles, BA, LMT, CBT, CBP
Certified Clinical Aromatherapist
(An Open Book Pass/Fail Exam)
$125 Covers Cost of Scoring Your Exam and Certificate.
(50% of your answers must be correct to receive Aromatherapy Certification)
The true practice of aromatherapy is a wedding of both science and art. It is one of the most powerful forms of healing known for enhancing one’s physical, mental and emotional well-being. For centuries aromatic plants have been used to enhance the vital life force energies. Aromatic oils contain the 'life essence' of a plant. As such, they are highly concentrated. A single drop, or two, can produce significant results.
Aromatherapy is a perfect complement to a professional therapeutic practice. It can be be used in the work place or at home, and very easy to integrate. In your professional practice, the myriad benefits of essential oils can greatly enhance a client’s overall experience and results of their care. Aromatic oils also add a memorable quality to your business identity and encourage client loyalty.
Topics Exam Covers:
- Aromatherapy Terms.
- What are Essential Oils.
- A Brief History on the Ancient Practice of Aromatherapy.
- Distillation Methods.
- How Aromatherapy Works.
- Two Charts: Aromatherapy Delivery Pathway and Electro-chemical Effects
- 15 Key Essential Oils to have on hand for healing and self care in your professional practice, home, or work place and why. The fifteen pure essential oils: Peppermint, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Rose Geranium, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang III, plus sample perfume vials of Bergamot, Lemon, Sweet Marjoram, Rosemary verbenon, Cypress, Ravensara, Lemongrass and Sweet Orange.
- Experience and Note Effects of each of the fifteen essential oils.
- GC/MS Testing – the Gold Standard of Purity.
- Methods of Application for Best Results.
- Safe Use of Essential Oils.
- List of skin sensitizing, often referred to as “Hot Oils.”
- Proper Storage of Essential Oils.
- Essential Oils Dilution Guide.
- Shelf Life of Essential Oils.
- Making Aromatherapy Products.
- Aromatherapy Blending – Top, Middle, Base Notes.
- How to select oils with chemical properties for therapeutic results.
- The Twelve Chemical Families – Archetypal Pattern and Elemental Power.
Six Chemical Families – Properties, Actions and Effects.
Ester Chemical Family – Protectors & Nurturers.
Alcohol Chemical Family – Lovers.
Monoterpene Chemical Family – Athletes.
Sesquiterpene Chemical Family – Wise Elders and Compassionate Ones..
Oxide Chemical Family – Liberators.
Phenol Chemical Family – Warriors.
- The Language of Aroma – 18 Classifications.
- Making Aromatherapy Products II.
Formulating Spa Treatments.
- Making Aromatherapy Products III
Aromatic Medicine – Formulating Health and Wellness Treatments.
- Balance Masculine and Feminine Energies.
- Regulating Essential Oils.
- Holy Oils – Ancient Oils for Healing and Anointing Rituals.
- Cooking with Essential Oils.
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Supplies.
- Introducing Essential Oils into your Professional Practice, Home or Work place.
- Energy and Chakra Healing.
- Chakra Balancing Treatments.
- Ho’oponopono Forgiveness Meditation.
- References, Suggested Reading & Resources
For Health Professionals
The Aromatherapy Home Study Course can be used to satisfy:
- Continuing Education requirements for license renewal for Massage Therapists in Oregon and other states.
- General Continuing Education requirements for license renewal for Nurses.
- Continuing Education requirements for Alliance of International Aromatherapy (AIA) Membership Renewal.
- Continuing Education requirements for National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
- Many of the educational requirements of the Aromatherapy Registration Council (A.R.C.) for Examination in Aromatherapy.
Please check with your licensing and accreditation agency for details and to confirm compliance with its rules.
What Experts Are Saying:
“ I highly recommend well-known author and Certified Aromatherapist KG Stiles books and courses.”
- John L. Turner, M.D. Neuro-surgeon and author Medicine, Miracles & Manifestations
I’ve known KG Stiles for many years and she’s always shown especial care for the safe and best practices when using essential oils. Highly recommended for the novice, as well as long time aromatherapist.
- Sylla Sheppard-Hanger RA, LMT - Registered Aromatherapist, Member NAHA Safety Board, Founder Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy
“KG’s books and courses are written from years of experience and investigation. Highly recommended!”
- Jonathan Goldman, award winning and best-selling author and Grammy nominee, “Healing Sounds” Founder - Sounder Healer’s Association
“KG Stiles 30 years of experience combined with her passion as a teacher to assist the personal growth and wellness of all is unsurpassed!”
- Eldon Taylor, Ph.D., FAPA, NY Times Best-selling author, “Choices & Illusions” Founder - Progressive Awareness Research Institute
I highly recommend to anyone interested in aromatherapy and exploring the energetic and vibrational aspects of essential oils.
- Kelly Holland Azzaro, RA, CCAP, CBFP, LMT-Registered Aromatherapist, Aromatherapy Educator and Past President National Association Holistic Aromatherapy
“It has been a pleasure working with KG Stiles, Certified Aromatherapist. She has been a key resource in creating a hospital based Aromatherapy program.”
~Linda McGwire, RN, BSN, HNC-B
“I highly recommend anyone interested in aromatherapy and holistic healing to check out a course with KG Stiles."
- Steven Farmer, Ph.D., Best-selling author Well-known Shamanic Healing Practitioner and Best-selling author, Animal Spirit Guides & Earth Magic, Founder Earth Magic for Shamanic Healing
KG Stiles has so much knowledge about Essential Oils, Aromatherapy and Holistic Healing. Her passion shines through in everything she does and every course she presents!
– Don Fischer, Fischer Creative Media
KG is the most knowledgeable person we know on essential oils and their practical and effective uses. In her course she offers participants a true and comprehensive understanding of aromatherapy and how to use and heal with essential oils.
~ Mali Apple and Joe Dunn, authors of the award-winning book The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
“KG brings her incredibly thorough and deep knowledge of aroma therapy to help you learn how to use aromas to heal!”
~Ian Blei, Neuro-linguistic Communications Expert & Founder Optimized Results, Author, "Kind Ambition"
If you have questions about the course please EMAIL KG.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
KG STILES, BA, CBT, CBP, LMT is a metaphysician, holistic health educator, licensed massage therapist (Hawaii #6351 and Oregon #2313), certified clinical aromatherapist and consultant providing expert essential oil services since 1980 and founder of the PurePlant Essentials aromatherapy company. Her advice and services have included internationally famous celebrities, athletes, entrepreneurs, top executives, individuals, entrepreneurs, spa therapists and hospitals. She has assisted with introducing aromatherapy and caring touch into hospital based integrated health care systems. She has trained allopathic and alternative health care professionals, as well as business owners, students and lay people in the use of caring touch and essential oils for health, beauty and healing. She has taught aromatherapy certification programs at hospitals and schools and offered online courses for natural healing and aromatherapy certification since 2005. She has published hundreds of articles, which have appeared in Massage Therapy Journal, Massage Today, Breast Cancer Wellness, Aromatherapy Today (Australia) and NAHA Aromatherapy Journal. Her newest awarding winning book, "The Essential Oils Complete Reference Guide,” won a ‘Living Now' Gold Medal Award and was winner of 'Nautilus' and 'Indie Next Generation' book awards. KG lives in Ashland, Oregon and is the NAHA Oregon (South) Director.