Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Raphael’s name means, “God Heals.”
Archangel Raphael oversees all of the Creator’s Healing Angels.
As a healing angel, Raphael, can help with an assortment of maladies, especially those related to the physical body.
Raphael has a reputation for helping with issues related to overcoming and healing away addictions.
Defender of the East and the Element of Air, Raphael protects and assists all those in the healing professions.
Raphael is the patron angel and protector of all those in the medical and healing fields.
Archangel Raphael’s 5 Key Healing Oils
Generally essential oils that have a distinctive, robust and lasting character, as well as those with herbaceous and green scents and spicy notes are good for use in healing work.
Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum)
Scent: Sweet, balsamic, warm, radiant, fresh and herbaceous
Chemical Family: Ester, Sesquiterpene, Ketone
Helichrysum italicum’s chemical makeup gives it an extraordinary capacity for healing a variety of physical ailments.
The chemical composition of Helichrysum italicum has been studied and shown to “exhibit interesting antimicrobial activity that seems to be due to the large diversity of its chemical contents.”
Also, referred to as Helichrysum Angustifolium, Helichrysum oil (Immortelle aka Everlasting) is considered by many to be the #1 healing oil in aromatherapy. Its primary chemical constituents are sesquiterpenes which give Helichrysum its strongly calming and soothing effect.
The best distillations of Helichrysum are grown in the Mediterranean climate of Corsica. The complex aroma of Helichrysum is intensely sweet, warm and honey-like. Its character is delicate and light.
- A sacred and gentle oil, Helichrysum italicum is frequently recommended for its rejuvenating and cleansing properties. Helichrysum oil is legendary for its ability to rejuvenate skin tissue.
- Helichrysum is excellent as an addition to any massage lubricant. It can be helpful for relieving an assortment of muscle aches and stiffness.
- Psycho-emotionally, helichrysum can be useful for relieving all types of physical, mental and emotional stresses.
Frankincense/Olibanum (Boswellia carterii)
Scent: Warm, sweet, balsamic, resinous, woody, exotic and sensual with spicy notes
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
Frankincense has been traded for over 5000 year. It is one of the sacred and holy oils used since ancient times when aromatic oils were traded like valuable commodities and considered as precious as gold.
Frankincense has the remarkable ability to maintain its integrity in any blend. It has gained a reputation for bestowing this same stability of character and “remain true to one’s self."
Frankincense carterii, a monoterpene, is especially high in the chemical constituent alpha-pinene which gives it its uplifting and energizing effect.
- Spiritually and psycho-emotionally, Frankincense oil is best known for it’s enduring emotional and spiritual support. It lends its support to help you be strong and recover after injury, or illness, grief and loss.
- Thought to possess miraculous healing powers, Frankincense oil has been reported to heal and cure every possible illness since ancient times.
- Traditionally Frankincense has been used in many cultures for letting go and releasing problems into God’s care. This is the purpose for which Frankincense oil is used in many religious ceremonies.
- A calming oil, Frankincense can be used to soothe various aches and pains.
- Frankincense oil supports healthy immune and respiratory systems. Its cleansing properties make Frankincense oil useful for relieving issues of blockage and restriction.
- A natural diuretic, Frankincense oil may be helpful for relieving digestive discomforts and flatulence.
Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
Scent: Warm, spicy, herbal and sweet
Chemical Family: Monoterpenol
Like the fresh picked herb, Marjoram essential oil has a warm, spicy and herbal aroma. Its soothing aroma lends a subtle sweetness to blends.
A monoterpene alcohol, Marjoram’s synergistic effects enhance the potency of others oils in a blend.
- Add to your massage oil lubricant and use for effective relief from various body aches and pains. Sweet Marjoram’s natural chemical constituents linalool, methyl chavicol, cineol, eugenol and terpineol, are all known for their relaxing and calming effects.
- Marjoram oil has been used as a sleep aid in medical centers and may be useful for promoting calm and relaxation at bedtime.
A study on the “Effects of Aromatherapy Massage on Sleep Quality of Nurses on Monthly Rotating Night Shifts” that aromatherapy massage could improve sleep quality of nurses with monthly rotating night shift.
- Psycho-emotionally, Sweet Marjoram oil's comforting and soothing effect can help promote deep relaxation and release of long held mental and emotional tension.
Cypress (Cupressus sempevirens)
Scent: Fresh, sweet, spicy, piney, woody and balsamic
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
Cypress oil has a distinctly clean, fresh, woody aroma. Its distinctive scent is light and clear with a hint of spice. It is slightly reminiscent of pine and juniper berry. The oil is distilled from the leaves (needles) and twigs of the column shaped, evergreen Cypress tree that grows in the Mediterranean region of Europe.
- A symbol for life after death, Cypress is frequently burnt alongside Pine and Juniper to cleanse the atmosphere.
- One of the most powerful astringent oils in aromatherapy, Cypress oil has a reputation for strengthening the heart's energies. It has been used since ancient times for ritual cleansing and to promote wellness.
- The medicinal uses of Cypress were inscribed on Egyptian papyri. Its wood was often used to fashion the sarcophagi of the Egyptian aristocracy.
- An oil of protection, Cypress trees are often planted close together to act as a screen of protection from the elements.
An experimental study on Cupressus sempevirens showed that it has “remarkable wound healing and anti-inflammatory activities, which support the folkloric use of the plants.”
- Cypress essential oil’s effect upon our human energy system is decidedly Yang (masculine). It is a favorite scent among men and often used colognes and men’s aftershave lotions.
- Psycho-emotionally, it has the ability to stabilize and give direction and purpose during times of transition and confusion, i.e. puberty, marriage, change of home, menopause, loss of loved.
Myrrh (Commiphora myrrh)
Scent: Balsamic, resinous, warm, radiant and spicy
Chemical Family: Sesquiterpene
Strong, sweet and woody, Myrrh oil has an enduring aroma and helps anchor other essential oils in a blend. Ethiopian Myrrh Oil is considered a finer distillation from better tears.
- One of the best oils in aromatherapy for promoting physical recovery after illness or injury.
- An ancient and sacred oil, Myrrh oil's soothing and cleansing action makes it excellent for promoting relief for a wide variety of skin issues. It may be useful for promoting relief for sensitive, mature, oily or dry, wrinkled, chapped, or cracked skin.
- Myrrh has been used extensively since 2800 BCE in traditional medicine for promoting healthy skin and relieving inflammation. Myrrh was also used in the preparation of mummification balms and unguents, as well as incense and perfumes.
- Traditionally Myrrh oil has been used for enhancing spiritual and emotional well-being.
- Since ancient times, burning of frankincense and myrrh were used in places of worship for spiritual purposes and contemplation. It was prized for its hygienic functions, as well as to refine one's sense of smell and purify the indoor air.
Studies have shown that Frankincense and Myrrh are highly effective in the treatment of inflammatory diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis. Results of a study show the therapeutic mechanism for this effect.
- Myrrh oil increases circulation and useful for promoting a healthy immune system.
- It may also be good for promoting respiratory health as it has a drying effect on excess wet conditions.
Raphael EO Recipe
To a 5ml (100 drops) colored glass euro-dropper bottle add:
Helichrysum - 40 drops
Frankincense - 20 drops
Marjoram - 20 drops
Cypress - 20 drops
Myrrh - 1-5 drops
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend oils thoroughly. Allow to synergize for 12 hours or longer before using.
- Promotes healing and regeneration
- Supports your healing work
- Helps with the healing and overcoming of addictions
Protects and assists those in the healing professions
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or a blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Now invite Archangel Raphael to assist you with your healing meditation. Feel the comforting presence of Raphael’s healing light gently embrace and elevate your body, mind and emotions.
Ask Raphael to:
- Help me to feel the healing and renewal that is your very essence.
- Over light, protect and guide me to attract and create only that which is beneficial and healing for all concerned.
- Illumine my mind and enhance my perceptions, so that I can see the healing light of love at work in my life.
- Assist me to cultivate thoughts of healing and renewal in my daily life for the creation of a healthy world now and in the future.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb Raphael’s angelic healing light.
Allow Raphael to do the work necessary to bring balance and healing to your life.
Let any worry or concern about your health, the health of a friend, or family member, or the world at large to quietly melt away. Empty yourself completely of any feeling of discomfort you may have been feeling. Just remain peaceful and calm as you absorb Raphael’s healing light.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel anxious about your or another’s health, or the health of our planet, or when you need to boost your immune system.