Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Gabriel's name means, "God is my strength."
An angel of mercy and compassion, Archangel Gabriel is the messenger angel. S/he guides you to experience empathy for yourself and others.
Gabriel is the angel that oversees and protects parents and children, and assists with pregnancy and birth.
The Gospel of Luke recounts the stories of the Annunciation (announcement of an incarnation), in which the angel Gabriel appears to Zechariah foretelling the birth John the Baptist and the Virgin Mary, foretelling the birth of Jesus.
Gabriel helps all those whose life calling involves communications and networking.
Gabriel is the patron angel and protector of writers, counselors, therapists, teachers and postal workers.
Defender of the West and Water Element, Gabriel helps to purify your body, thoughts and emotions.
Human beings are made of up 60% water. Here’s the break down according to biologists: the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, the lungs 83% the skin 64% water, muscles and kidneys 79%, and the bones 31%.
Why your watery nature is so important?
- Water is by far the most studied chemical compound. It is described as the "universal solvent" for its ability to dissolve many substances. Overtime water can breakdown some of the hardest surfaces like granite and rock.
- Water’s transformative power is its ability to change from liquid, to gas, to frozen states. This transformative power makes water an evolutionary change agent as it relentlessly works, sometimes through eons of time, to breakdown established and resistant structures.
- Water covers about 71% of mother earth's surface. 97% of our planet's water is in the oceans while only 3% of the earth's water is fresh. Human’s need fresh water to survive. This small percentage of fresh water makes water an especially precious commodity that needs to be protected and preserved if humans and other species both plant and animal are to survive.
- Interestingly, the human body contains many salts, including sodium chloride (common table salt), the major salt contained in the body. The concentration of salt in the human body is fairly equivalent to that in seawater. A 110 pound person contains around 40 teaspoons of sodium chloride. This salty water (in the form of electrolytes) that your body contains makes you an excellent conductor of electricity.
- The salt water contained in your body is the primary resource that your body uses to continually cleanse, renew and restore your body’s life force energy.
- Your heart is by far the most powerful source of electrical energy. As your single largest source of electromagnetic energy, your heart produces more rhythmic field energy than any other of your body’s organs. For comparison, your heart's electrical field generates about 60 times greater amplitude than the electrical activity of your brain.
Signs of an imbalanced water element:
- Chronic fear and anxiety
- Inability to go with the flow of events in life
- Difficulty giving and receiving love
- Inability to feel empathy for yourself, or others
- Repression of self expression that results in unmet needs
- Manipulative and controlling
- Poor financial health
- Passive aggressive
Archangel Gabriel Key Oils
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Scent: Fresh, sweet, floral and herbaceous
Chemical Family: Monoterpenol & Ester
Lavender is highly scented with a distinctly sweet, robust and floral aroma. A universal healing oil, lavender has broad spectrum application and is one of the most popular oils in aromatherapy.
- For help to relieve stress, lavender oil may be your best choice.
- Rich in monoterpenols, Lavender promotes emotional balance, as well as calms nervous energy, anxiety and stress.
- Lavender oil is also high in esters which give it its very fragrant note and calming influence.
- Consider using lavender oil for balancing hyper emotional states. It may be useful for relieving shock, anger, impatience and irritability.
- Psycho-emotionally, Lavender oil's calming effect can help dispel negative mental states like fear and worry.
A study conducted on Lavender oil in anxiety disorders showed that Lavender oil, “Exhibits many desirable properties of an anxiolytic agent, including a calming effect without sedation, as well as a lack of dependence, tolerance, or withdrawal.”
The study also cited that Lavender oil, “Has a relatively benign side effect profile in short-term studies, and its onset of efficacy is more rapid than current first-line
Frankincense/Olibanum (Boswellia frereana)
Scent: Warm, sweet, balsamic, resinous, woody, exotic and sensual.
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
One of the ‘Holy’ oils from ancient times when Frankincense was considered more valuable than gold, Frankincense has been traded and used for over 5,000 years as a spiritual incense, for folk medicine, and as an addition to cosmetics.
- Frankincense oil maintains its integrity in any blend and is said to promote this same characteristic of integrity with your Self.
- An excellent oil for grief and loss support, Frankincense oil is probably best known for its enduring emotional and spiritual support. Ii is thought to possess miraculous powers to heal almost every conceivable malady.
- Frankincense frereana is especially high in monoterpene chemical constituents which give it its nourishing and balancing effects to soothe, as well as uplift and energize.
- Psycho-emotionally, Frankincense oil is calming, rejuvenating and empowering. Frankincense is the quintessential oil for letting go and allowing whatever happens to be okay.
A study on the effects of Frankincense oil on Stress in Rats showed, “Frankincense essential oil can counter the effects of stress by effectively relieving sleep debt and maintaining antioxidant capacity without increasing oxidative stress, and, therefore, may be beneficial in the management of stress.”
Red Mandarin (Citrus deliciosa)
Scent: Sweet, citrus, fresh, fruity, floral and warm
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
Red Mandarin oil has a sweet and faintly floral like orange blossoms.
- Mandarin oil is safe and gentle and may be used with young children and during pregnancy.
- Its calming influence may be useful during pregnancy to alleviate stomach queasiness. Red Mandarin oil can help 'moms-to-be' to stay calm and rested.
- Red Mandarin is often used by midwives in the birthing room.
- Its monoterpene content gives Red Mandarin its clean, fresh scent, as well as an energizing and uplifting effect.
A Systematic Review on the Anxiolytic Effect of Aromatherapy during the First Stage of Labor, “Recommended that aromatherapy could be applied as a complementary therapy for reducing anxiety during the first stage of labor.” Essential oils used in the study included Mandarin, Lavender, Frankincense and
Clary Sage (Salvia sclera)
Scent: Sweet, warm, herbaceous, exotic and sensual
Chemical Family: Ester & Monoterpenol
Clary Sage's delicate top notes are sweet and herbal while its lower notes are tea-like with musky nuances.
- When tested clary sage was found to have more than 250 constituents, giving it a broad spectrum of uses.
- It's soft, sweet and herbaceous lower notes and unusual tenacity, make Clary Sage one of the most deeply soothing oils in aromatherapy.
- Cary Sage is often used to relieve deeply held nervous tension, in both men and women.
- Clary sage can have a deeply soothing effect on nervous tension and stress related symptoms. As stress is often associated as a root cause for diminished immune response it can be helpful for supporting a healthy immune system.
- Its strongly yang character, makes clary sage helpful for balancing excessively sensitive yin states. For this reason it's frequently used to help assuage complaints during the normal menses cycle, or in menopause.
- Its high concentration of esters (65% or more) give clary sage its powerful calming action. This high concentration of esters may be responsible for Clary Sage's popular use to relieve premenstrual tension in women.
- Psycho-emotionally, clary sage nourishes the heart energies. It may help dispel negative thoughts and tense, tight painful emotions.
A study on the effects of Clary Sage and Lavender on blood pressure showed
Lavender oil lowers stress while Clary Sage promotes relaxation.
Black Pepper (Piper nigrum)
Scent: Warm, spicy, peppery, woody, dry and hot
Chemical Family: Monoterpene
Black pepper is a warm, mildly stimulating oil with a soft spicy aroma and slightly woody and dry notes. Its aroma is similar to the black pepper used in cooking.
Black Pepper helps to strengthen the body, mind and emotions. Use it to warm and loosen your mind and body during stressful life events.
A reassuring and grounding oil, Black Pepper can help neutralize negative emotions. Use Black Pepper to promote increased self confidence and to overcome challenges in life.
It can be helpful for breaking bad habits. Its stimulating and grounding influence help support your ability to sustain attention and focus when under pressure.
A potent antioxidant studies report Black Pepper’s, “Antioxidant effects against a series of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species and reducing effect against ferric and molybdenum (VI).” Black Pepper also exhibited anticancer effects against breast, colon, cervical, and prostate cancers. Its “anti-diabetic property has also been confirmed, as well as its hypolipidemic activity as evidenced by decrease in the level of cholesterol, triglycerides, and low-density lipoprotein and increase in high-density lipoprotein. Black Pepper also has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anticonvulsant, and neuroprotective effects.”
Gabriel EO Recipe
This unique formulation is both calming and centering, as well as uplifting and energizing to the senses.
To a 5ml (100 drops) colored glass euro-dropper bottle add:
- Red Mandarin - 40 drops
- Clary Sage - 40 drops
- Frankincense - 10 drops
- Lavender - 10 drops
- Black Pepper - 1-5 drops
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend oils thoroughly. Allow to synergize for 12 hours or longer before using.
- Supports empathy, mercy and compassion for yourself and others
- Aids your ability to communicate effectively
- Protects parents and children
- Assists with pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Helps those whose life calling involves communication and networking
- Supports the work of writers, counselors, therapists, teachers and postal workers
What you will need:
A white candle
Essential oil or blend - use on one of the recommended oils, or a blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Now invite Archangel Gabriel to assist you with your healing meditation. Feel the comforting presence of Gabriel gently surround you.
Ask Gabriel to:
Help me to communicate clearly and effectively.
Help me connect with others in ways that are unifying and bring peace and harmony.
Over light, protect and guide me to send out messages into the world that are beneficial and healing for all concerned.
Illumine my mind and enhance my perceptions, so that I can only see and speak the truth.
Assist me to cultivate and send out messages of love that unify and heal.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb Gabriel’s angelic healing light.
Allow Gabriel to do the work necessary to bring balance and healing to all of your communications and connections with others.
Let any worry or concern about communicating, relating with others, or speaking your truth to quietly melt away. Empty yourself completely of any feeling of discomfort you may have been feeling. Just remain peaceful and calm as you absorb Gabriel’s healing light.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel anxious about communicating, writing, or connecting with others.