Research by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published in PubMed Library showed the connection between the release of Zonulin, a protein that causes tight junctions in the gut to open, and gut permeability.
Both bacteria, i.e. Candida and gluten are two agents shown to increase zonulin and cause ‘leaky gut’.
This finding supports scientific evidence that it is our modern day lifestyle choices and diet (low in fiber and high in sugar and saturated fats) that primarily cause gut inflammation which leads to leaky gut.
Role of Genetics?
So, are some of us more susceptible to gut permeability than others because of our genes?
Research suggests NOT as less than 10% of cases with leaky gut symptoms are due to DNA sensitivity, or a predisposition to intestinal permeability.
Acupressure Massage for Leaky Gut
Acupressure massage is one of my all time favorite ways to use Helichrysum oil to promote relief of gut distress and regeneration of tissue.
What you will need:
5-10% dilution of Helichrysum in your favorite carrier oil.
CAUTIONS: Do not apply oil directly on any open sores as this can cause sensitization.
Stomach 25 (Tian Shu)
Balances and strengthens your entire GI tract and digestive system.
- Located three finger widths outward from belly button.
- Feel for tender spot.
- Dispense 1-3 drops of your Helichrysum ready-to-use dilution onto your index or middle finger.
- Perform acupressure massage on both sides of navel, least tender side first.
- Rest afterward (1-5 minutes).
- Be sure to hydrate with pure, fresh water.
READ my next article in this series, Your Emotions and Leaky Gut.
READ first article in series, Is Leaky Gut Real? Can Essential Oils Help?
Your Leaky Gut Class shows you the best essential oils to use (and how to use them safely and effectively) to promote healing of leaky gut and relief of related symptoms.
Your Leaky Gut Class is 88 minutes in length and available in multimedia format, including Videos and Audio Podcast Recordings and PDF Handouts, All of which you can download for Lifetime Access to your course.
You'll be guided step-by-step how to use your essential oils safely and effectively for natural healing:
- Root causes of leaky gut
- Symptoms of leaky gut
- What the research shows
- Best essential oils to use
- Methods of application to use for best results
- Detailed instructions for exactly how to use your oils
- Any safety cautions to consider for each oil
- My Leaky Gut formulas to use
- My guidance to get started at the end of your class!