What’s it all about?
The effects of the Conjunction between Uranus, Mars and the North Node activated at the Leo New Moon last month continue to play out. The events triggered at that time in your life and the world at large will be ongoing through mid-October, or even into next year.
That’s because Uranus began slowing down soon after the Conjunction at 18° Taurus and went Stationary Retrograde just a couple of days ago on August 23rd at 18° and will stay at 18° Taurus until mid-October.
You can’t possibly miss the changes being ushered in during this time.
The Virgo New Moon further augments the new beginnings coming in for you personally and for our world. Keep your frequency high and focus on the positive and the possibilities being ushered in now.
Mars has entered the sign of Gemini (ruled by Mercury, a co-ruler of Virgo). Mars will be in Gemini for an extended period of time until March 25, 2023, since it will Retrograde in Gemini.
We are in an extended period of time when unprecedented changes are being setup for you to step into a new world as the old one self destructs.
If you’re being offered a chance to change - you may want to go for it. You can choose to change (which is always easier), or forced to change.
Virgos are often considered the perfectionists of the zodiac. They do have a high vision for what the potential is for mankind. Virgo’s spend much energy and effort on becoming their best self. Self improvement and personal development are high on their to-do list.
For Virgos it’s all about keeping the balance as they set their course to chart their way across life’s sometimes turbulent seas. Their mutability helps them adjust their sails accordingly to achieve their goals and dreams.
Virgo’s can keep their center, as can most earth signs, when faced with challenges. Staying out of their head and in their Chiron centered heart helps them keep their frequency high above the noise of ‘ordinary’ thought streams.
What’s Up with Your Shadow?
All the astrology signs, of course, have positive and negative attributes. Facing the character flaws within oneself and harnessing their power to work towards a common purpose is the journey we all must traverse in life.
Now is a great time to take a ‘real’ assessment of where you’re at and how you’re doing in facing your own shadow elements of character.
You can really use the Conjunction of the Uranus, Mars and North Node as your jumping-off point to rise above previous difficulties if you’ve done the work Saturn has assigned you.
Best gemstones and crystals for Virgo
(Click link for more about each stone on Wikipedia)
- Blue Sapphire - acts as protective shield from life’s dangers. A communications stone, sapphire is good for self expression and connecting with others. Enhances intuition and mental clarity.
- Green Jade - helps keep you in the flow. Supports you to make necessary changes and shift with the tides of life. Promotes peace, a powerful calming stone.
- Moss Agate - promotes emotional balance, soothes tense and stressed feelings.
- Fluorite - promotes peace of mind, transmutes negative, low vibration energy into positive, life affirming frequency of energy. Promotes mental clarity.
Tips for How the Virgo New Moon Can Affect You Personally
Everyone has the Virgo New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Virgo New Moon influence:
- Mercury, the communicator and connector of the zodiacal wheel, rules the sign of Virgo. Mercury rules the 3rd and 6th houses of the zodiac.
- Many modern day astrologers also assign the attributes of Chiron to Virgo. Its Virgo’s impulse towards the focus of health and healing, that has led to its designation as the original healer of the zodiac.
- Mercury and Chiron are similar in the way they connect and promote communications. However, Mercury relates more to making those all important conscious and external communications and connections while Chiron connects us more at a subconscious, or even unconscious level of the mind.
- Both planets are about our relationship orientation to others. You might say Mercury can play a rather superficial game of semantics, using trickery to get what it wants. In contradistinction to Chiron, who because of his own internal ‘original’ wounding, acts with more humility and compassion in his way of connecting and communicating with others.
- What personal planets, or points are located in your 3rd and 6th houses? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to these houses from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of esteem and recognition in the world. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal Mercury located in your personal astrology chart? This is probably the greatest significator for how the Mercury and Chiron charged Virgo new moon will affect you. If you have harmonious contacts from your personal planets to your Mercury and Chiron then you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your natal Uranus for support.
- If there are stressful contacts to your natal Mercury and Chiron you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. Remember to always let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. Best to let your emotions settle before taking action that may have long standing results.
- The Virgo New Moon cycle brings opportunities for fresh beginnings in the areas of your chart where Mercury and Chiron are currently transiting, as well as their positions in your natal chart.
- This is a great time for making new agreements, signing contracts and starting new projects. Work and health are two areas especially highlighted and set for new beginnings.
- Pay attention to your feelings about yourself and how you relate to others. You’re ready to break out of some very old and established habit patterns. Stay open to new possibilities.
4° 3’ Virgo New Moon
Saturday, August 27, 1:17am PT
- Moon Square Mars
- Sun Square Mars
- Moon Trine Uranus (Rx)
- Venus Square Uranus (Rx)
- Venus Opposes Saturn
The Virgo Moon brings a new beginning for all matters related to work, lifestyle and health. Your feeling of emotional safety comes from gaining more order and clarity in these matters of your life. You may have the urge to organize anything that feels chaotic, or disorganized. Try being more tolerant and accept imperfections of life. It is better to trust life and let it run its own way, not everything must be according to your expectations.
Essential Oil to Use: Clary Sage
Regulating oils that promote balance and harmony.
Moon (Virgo) Square Mars (Gemini) - emotional need to act and fulfill your dreams and desires. Opportunities for breaking through old barriers and blockages with strength and desire to do it now.
Sun (Virgo) Square Mars (Gemin) - there’s a radiant mix of courage and bravery with a bit of brashness to overcome obstacles. The energy can be tense as you act to creatively express yourself. Love and power are motivators, which is your focus?
Moon (Virgo) Trine Uranus (Rx) Taurus - this aspect can make you feel more comfortable with who you are at a deep level of being. You can more easily embrace your own quirkiness. You can be especially psychic and intuitive downloads of information about your future and the direction for you to head can result.
Venus (Leo) Square Uranus (Rx) Taurus - you can feel overly dramatic at this time. It’s a time to pause before acting on something you may regret later. Tests to you own emotional stability and being able to keep an even keel when faced with challenges may test your resilience. There’s a strong need for excitement and doing things differently now. Try to keep the energies constructive.
Venus (Leo) Opposes Saturn (Aquarius) - you may feel challenged by an authority figure. This usually occurs when you still need to accept responsibility for your own actions and how you experience life. Full self empowerment is the answer. You may get an opportunity for boosting your sense of self worth. Do you trust yourself?
Virgo New Moon EO Recipe
This custom formulation has a sweet, floral and earthy scent with hints of citrus aroma. It is both soothing and grounding for the body, mind and emotions. It will help you make the most of your Virgo new moon experience.
To a 5ml (100 drops) colored glass euro-dropper bottle add:
- Clary Sage (Savia sclarea) - 40 drops
- Rose Geranium (Pelargonium roseum) - 20 drops
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) - 20 drops
- Red Mandarin (Citrus deliciosa) - 20 drops
- Galbanum (Ferula galbaniflua) - 1-2 drops
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend oils thoroughly. Allow to synergize for 12 hours or longer before using.
Virgo New Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from the time of the Virgo New Moon until the First Quarter Waxing Moon in Sagittarius on September 3rd at 11:08 am PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
- Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
- Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
- Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Haniel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Haniel's name means, “Glory of God, or Grace of God."
An angel of healing, Archangel Haniel also known as Hananel, Anael, Hanael or Aniel, helps you recover lost secrets of natural healing remedies. S/he also can help you to accept and enjoy the flow of more grace into your life.
Call upon Haniel whenever you feel the need for more harmony and beauty in your life. Haniel is involved with Moon energy and helps with the flow of grace and clairvoyance (clear seeing). S/he is the Angel of Feminine Support.
Linking with Archangel Haniel will help to elevate and align you with thoughts of beauty and harmony and increase the flow of grace in your life.
Archangel Haniel is associated with the turquoise blue spectrum of colors and generally associated with the planet Venus.
Petition your heart and mind with the following:
Choose one, or more of the affirmations that feels right for you to focus upon at this time. Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me to accept and receive more love into my life.
- Thank you for helping me to restore my faith in the goodness of life.
- Thank you for helping me to be more gracious, kind and understanding.
- Thank you for helping me deepen my feeling of connection with all of life.
- Thank you for helping me to see more beauty and harmony in life.
- Thank you for helping me be in the right place at the right time.
- Thank you for assisting me to experience more harmony in my life.
- Thank you helping me see with the eyes of truth, love and beauty.
- Thank you for helping me be awake to nature’s healing powers.
- Thank you for helping me be a healing presence in life.
- Thank you for helping me make lasting healthy lifestyle improvements.
- Thank you for helping me learn to be more patient, kind and free of doubt.
- Thank you for helping me see good and beauty surrounding all of life.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb the grace of Haniel’s healing presence. Allow Haniel to do the work necessary to bring more grace into your life.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring balance to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any worry or concern. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you want to feel more flow of love, grace and harmony in your life. Or, whenever you feel the need to be more tolerant, kind and forgiving.