Cancer New Moon
July 17, 2023
What’s It All About?
The moon represents the most sensitive area in your natal chart. Women, especially as they mature emotionally, are more affected by the area of their chart (the house) where their natal moon is located.
Your moon is your spiritual divining rod. How psychically sensitive you are, along with your intuitive capacity, are governed by this area of your chart.
As the moon’s natural placement in the zodiac is the 4th house everyone is more psychically attuned to matters related to this house.
How was your early childhood? Did you feel safe and secure? What were the childhood influences and home environment like?
The U.S. was born under a Cancer Sun (Protector of the Homeland). The U.S. also has its Mercury (communicator, connector, networker) and Venus (love, pleasure principle) and Jupiter (optimism, leadership, expansion) in the sign of Cancer.
See the U.S. Astrology Chart.
As the U.S. natal Pluto continues to be triggered by a conjunction from transiting Pluto this year, the U.S. continues its review and re-boot of its original intent as a revolutionary leader in the world. Either this re-boot will occur at a whole new level of enterprise, or the U.S. as a revolutionary world leadership will slowly deteriorate. Other nations have gone through this Pluto return. Some were able to cope with the regeneration and renewal (England and the U.K. as an example) and others not (Rome).
Cancers are emotionally very sensitive. Whether expressed, or repressed, the emotions are sensitive and fine-tuned. Cancers are typically very nurturing and protective of their loved ones. They can be overly protective of home and family. Co-dependence and enabling their loved ones in behaviors that might be viewed as destructive can become an issue for Cancer natives.
Like the crab which is their zodiac symbol, Cancers are security seeking and can side step matters and prefer a nonconfrontational stance over being direct and honest. They can have difficulty dealing with expressing more sensitive matters that can elicit a negative response from others.
Much depends upon their early childhood conditioning, and maturity with expressing emotions, whether they can deal directly with their own and other people’s emotions. This is why co-dependence can often become an issue for those with strong cancer (4th house) influence in their chart.
Cancer natives are devoted to their family and home. They can have a very loving, sensitive and perceptive manner when relating with their loved ones.
However, a cancer with a wounded ego can become super emotional when triggered. They can tend to take everything personally and be vengeful to those who have injured them.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for How the Cancer New Moon Can Affect You Personally.
Everyone has the Cancer New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart.
Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Cancer New Moon influence:
- The sensitive, feminine, reflective and psychic moon is the ruler of Cancer. Cancer is the natural ruler of the 4th house. All matters of home, family and early childhood issues are highlighted at this time.
- What personal planets are located in your 4th house? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to you at this time. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal moon located in your personal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts from personal planets you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your moon for support. If there are stressful contacts to your natal moon you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. If you can, remember that with the Cancer moon we tend to take things very personally. It’s best to be contemplative at this time and reflect upon what is happening rather than be reactive to whatever surfaces.
- Venus and Chiron are about to Station Retrograde. Both celestial bodies have been slowing down for the past week to ten days. During this time, and for another week to two weeks until the Aquarius Full Moon, you may experience a tremendous purging of emotions. It’s a very sensitive period of time. Get support from a friend, or family member if you need it, or even a professional counselor. Spiritual support is absolutely essential if you’re feeling low and depressed spirits. It’s a time when you can cleanse your internal house of suppressed emotions. Long baths with sea salt and aromatherapy can be life savers for processing and expelling negative repressed emotions, fears and worries.
- Your emotions can feel quite unsettled during this time. The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. Best to let your emotions settle before taking action that may have long standing results. Keep your cool if possible. The biggest intensity is shortly before the moon is new. It is darkest before the moon is new and for a day, or two after.
The Cancer new moon marks a time of new beginnings for home and family. Early childhood issues can be put to rest as you embark on a new path that can lead to fulfillment of dreams you may have felt unlikely to come to pass. Venus’ Stationing Retrograde amplifies the effect of the Cancer New Moon.
It’s the perfect time to wish upon a star for matters near and dear to your heart.
Cancer New Moon Astrology
24° 55’ Cancer New Moon
Monday, July 17, 11:32am PT
Moon Sextile Uranus
Moon Trine Neptune Rx
Moon Opposes Pluto Rx (vc)
Mercury Square Jupiter
Mars Opposes Saturn Rx
Venus Inconjunct Neptune Rx
Venus Stationary Retrograde
Chiron Stationary Retrograde
Your feeling of safety is now very much related to your home, the family and related activities such as childcare, nourishment and nurturing of your roots. You may be more prone to fluctuation of your emotional moods. Feeling depressed can result from thinking too much about things related to childhood issues, or self-care matters. Rather, instead, take some kind of affirmative action. Your perceptions about the world are far more emotional and personal than usual. Now can be a time for some sort of new start in your home and family. Perhaps you’ll be buying new furnishing, or welcoming the arrival of a baby into your family. With Venus and Chiron Stationing Retrograde, you may be reassessing your values and what brings you pleasure, as well as old wounds can surface for healing.
Healing Gemstones and Crystals for Cancer:
Moonstone - balancing, stone of new beginnings
Key Essential Oil to Use: Rose Otto
Oils that nourish the emotions and support congenial relations in the home, family and with close loved ones.
Cancer New Moon Meditation
Perform your Meditation anytime starting from the time of the New Moon up until the First Quarter Waxing Moon in Scorpio on July 25th at 3:07pm PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle. Dispense your oil onto a cotton ball, or smell strip and inhale the scent. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Haniel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Haniel’s name means, “Glory of God.”
Haniel assists you to recover lost healing secrets. An angel of feminine support, natural healing remedies are under Haniel’s protection and custodianship.
Haniel unlocks your capacity to experience more grace in your life. S/he guides you to be in the right place at the right. Synchronicities and serendipitous happenings increase when you’re aligned with Haniel. S/he adds beauty and harmony to your life.
An Angel of Moon energy, Haniel increases clairvoyance and your other super sensible gifts.
Haniel is associated with the turquoise blue spectrum of colors.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmation:
Take time to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me be awake to nature’s healing powers at work in life.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb the grace of Haniel’s healing presence. Allow Haniel to do the work necessary to bring more grace into your life.
Let any worry or concern you may have been feeling quietly melt away. Empty yourself completely of any feeling of discomfort. Just remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for more harmony and flow of grace in your life.
For greater insight about this particular Cancer New Moon, along with essential oil recipes, healing meditations, crystals & gemstones to use, eclipse seasons, super moons, planetary retrogrades, meaning of astrological aspects and much more check out my 2023 Astrological Moon Calendar.