Cosmetic and Spa therapies, which focus on beauty and wellness treatments, comprise one of the fastest growing segments of the aromatherapy trade worldwide.
The primary focus of those in the the Wellness industry is to help people make ‘healthy lifestyle choices’. People worldwide have finally begun to recognize the importance of maintaining wellness for body, mind, spirit and emotions. Not only that, but people are actually taking action and seeking out wellness solutions for themselves and their families.
The global Wellness industry now amounts to more than 3.7 trillion U.S. dollars annually.
The beauty and anti-aging segment of the Wellness industry is seeing the largest amount of growth worldwide followed by healthy eating, weight loss, fitness, alternative medicine and the spa industry.
A vast array of cosmetic and spa products using essential oils are being developed and used for beauty and wellness effects like cleansing, toning and moisturizing for the skin, body, face and hair.
Essential oils have also become popular for their use in dermatology (especially to combat infections). Research has identified at least 90 essential oils as being recommended for dermatological use.
Anti-aging Facial Mask
One of the most popular beauty and wellness treatments is a facial mask. After an essential oil facial mask your skin will look and feel younger. A facial mask is recommended once monthly as part of your regular wellness and anti-aging skin care routine.
DIY Facial Mask
An essential oil facial mask covers your face or part of your face and uses a carrier like green or pink clay. A facial mask treatment acts to enliven your skin cells, as well as provides numerous other benefits.
Other essential oil carriers you can try include honey, cream, oats, avocado, and egg whites.
Your facial mask can take as little as 10-15 minutes and is well worth the pleasure of spending quality time caring for yourself, as well as having healthier facial skin.
- Cleanse and detoxify skin, draw out impurities.
- Exfoliating and astringent properties, removes dead skin.
- Tightens and tones skin.
- Destroys harmful bacteria and fungus.
- Soothes and moisturizes.
- Increases circulation.
- Renew and nourish skin cell tissue.
- Balance your skin’s pH.
- Improve skin elasticity.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Impart a radiant, youthful and healthy glow.
French Clay Facial Mask
Use this clay facial mask formula made with French clay and essential oils to promote cleansing and detoxification of your facial skin, as well as to improve your skin’s elasticity and impart a radiant, healthy glow.
Start by creating a supportive and relaxing environment for enjoying and making the most of your time for a facial mask by turning off phones and electronic devices. Make the room comfortably warm for relaxing during and for a brief time after your facial mask. Light a candle and play gentle and soothing music in the background, or just relax and be still during and after your treatment.
Preparation – what you will need:
- Small bowl (stainless steel or ceramic).
- 1 Tablespoon French pink or green clay.
- 1/2-2 Tablespoon purified or spring water, or cream.
- 1/8 teaspoon light coconut oil, or other suitable carrier oil of your choice.
- Sterilized instrument such as a stainless steel teaspoon.
French Clay Facial Mask Formula
Click on each oil to find out more. Any cautions listed below.
- Rose Otto (Rosa damascena) - 30 drop*
- Geranium (Pelargonium roseum) - 40 drop
- Ylang Ylang III (Cananga odorata) - 20 drops
- Carrot Seed (Daucas carota) - 10 drops
Make a synergy blend of your essential oils in a 5ml euro-dropper bottle and allow to synergies for minimum of 12 hours or longer before using.
*Can use a 5-10% dilution of in an unscented carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil. If you use Rose oil that has been diluted in a carrier oil be sure to wait and add directly to French clay mixture as a diluted essential oil will not synergize with other essential oils and can prevent other oils from synergizing with each other.
- Before preparing your facial mask wash your face with your favorite cleanser and towel dry.
- In your small bowl mix together your choice of natural French clay with purified or spring water, or cream and light coconut oil to make a loose paste, but not wet.
- Add one drop of the essential oil synergy blend to the paste and blend thoroughly together.
- Immediately begin applying the French clay mask to your face using gentle upward sweeping strokes. Start with your décolletage and apply the mask evenly over your chin, both cheeks, nose and forehead. Be sure to completely cover your entire face with the French clay mask.
- After applying the mask and completely covering your face with it take time to relax. Enjoy a refreshing glass of water with a slice of lemon as you allow the mask to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off your facial mask thoroughly with warm water, making sure the mask is completely removed.
- Your skin will feel soft, silky smooth, toned and refreshed.
- After your facial mask you can perform your usual cleansing and moisturizing routine if you like and continue to hydrate with fresh squeezed lemon water.
Find more beauty and wellness treatments like this one in my newest award-winning book, The Essential Oils Complete Reference Guide: Over 250 Recipes for Natural Wholesome Aromatherapy.
READ my next article in this series, Psycho-emotional Aromatherapy Research #1 Anti-depressant Essential Oil.
READ my first article in this series, Aromatherapy Dominates Global Market - Healthcare Revolution!
Clay may stain fabric so take care.
- Rose Otto (Rosa damascena) - maximum dermal use level 0.6%.
- Geranium (Pelargonium roseum) - skin sensitization (low risk). Possible drug interaction with oral use for diabetes medication, drugs metabolized by CYP2B6.
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) - maximum dermal use level 17.5%.Skin sensitization (moderate risk). Avoid use with disease or damaged skin, and children under 2 years of age. Maximum dermal use level 0.8%.
- Carrot Seed (Daucas Carota) - may interfere with gestation. Avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Thanks for the information.
Leave a comment