The Libra New Moon each year brings an opportunity for engendering more diplomacy and making fresh new starts in relationships both near and far.
Whether you’re looking to start a new relationship, or negotiate a new business agreement the Libra New Moon always brings renewal in relationships and helps us all get along better on planet earth.
The scales of lady justice are the symbol of the zodiac sign of Libra. Ruled by the planet Venus, the planet that governs love, beauty, and money, Libra’s new cycle will elevate your love for art and supports the development of more refined sensibilities.
The astrological aspects occurring now are very auspicious and positive developments seem forthcoming over the next six months.
- The Libra new moon is Trine to Saturn in Aquarius signaling new visions for the future being born/given form.
- The Libra new moon is Conjunct to both Mars (the planet of energy & action) and Mercury (the communicator/connector) just beginning to slow down to station Direct on the 18th. When a planet slows down its influence/effects can be felt more strongly.
- The Libra new moon is Trine to Jupiter (the planet of expansion) in Aquarius. Jupiter is also starting to slow down and will Station Direct on the 17th.
- Pluto Stations Direct today. The outer planets have all been retrograde for some months now and progress forward has been sluggish, but now we see the tide turning and significant change is beginning to take place.
Fly in the ointment
There are two pesky flies in the ointment happening at the Libra new moon. More irritating than having any long term effect, these inconjunct aspects can bring nuisances like jealousy from detractors, superficial criticism and passive aggressive tendencies (all negative traits of a bruised Libra ego).
This Libra New Moon brings a new cycle and can help us all breathe easier. Hopefully, tensions will ease worldwide and we’ll all be getting along better.
The holidays are just ahead! This year looks promising for the more traditional gatherings with family and friends that we ALL Love!
13° 25’ Libra New Moon
Wednesday, October 6, 4:05am PT
Trine Saturn (Stationary D on October 10th)
Conjunct Mars & Mercury (Rx)
Inconjunct Sun Uranus
Inconjunct Mars Uranus
So much possibility for new connections and expansion of love relationships and making agreements. This is a great time to start a new romance, or recommit to one you’re in. Business affairs and associations get a fresh impulse of energy. As Mercury is retrograde you may want to wait to sign any ‘new’ agreements, or contracts until after Mercury stations Direct on October 18th. Same for new relationships wait to see how things unfold before giving your heart away.
Essential Oil to Use: Ylang Ylang
Oils that inspire passion and promote the sharing of emotions and meeting of minds.
What house is Libra located in your chart? This area of your life is set for a fresh start that will help catapult you into a future that you may never have even considered, but you will really love.
Libra New Moon EO Recipe
This custom formulation has a sweet, fresh, rosy and floral scent with exotic and sensual notes. Its aroma is warm and tantalizing to the senses. It will help you open up to the relationship possibilities awaiting us all at the Libra new moon.
To a 5ml (100 drops) colored glass euro-dropper bottle add:
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) - 40 drops
- Rose Otto (Rosa x damascena)* - 40 drops
- Clary Sage (Savia sclarea) - 20 drops
*May substitute Rose Geranium (Pelargonium roseum).
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend oils thoroughly. Allow to synergize for 12 hours or longer before using.
Libra New Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from the Libra New Moon on October 6th at 4:05am PT until the First Quarter Waxing Moon on October 12th at 8:25pm PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Raguel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Raguel’s name means, “Friend of God.”
The Angel of Justice, Raguel oversees all the Angels of heaven to ensure everything is running smoothly and according to Divine will. Whenever there’s a need for creating harmony and resolving conflict call upon Raguel.
Petition your heart and mind with the following:
Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me be a source of peace and harmony.
- Thank you for helping me act humanely and justly in all my affairs.
- Thank you for helping me be a friend to all.
- Thank you for helping me be more kind and tolerant of others.
- Thank you for helping me create peace where there is unrest.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for creating more peaceful and harmonious relationships.