Use with one or more of the recommended pure essential oils for an intensive, long wear lip balm and repair butter.
Recommend you use these essential oils.
Preparation – what you will need (Recipe makes about 2 ounces):
- Double boiler, or
- Pyrex glass measuring cup inside large pot of water (homemade double boiler)
- ¼ cup fractionated light coconut oil
- 1 TBSP (heaping) beeswax – less makes your lip balm softer, more makes it firmer
- 30-36 drops pure essential oil (Helichrysum, Sandalwood, Spikenar, Rose Geranium)
- Sterilized instrument like a stainless steel teaspoon
- Optional: May add 1 Tablespoon Coca or Shea butter, or a few drops of vitamin E oil.
Put beeswax into light coconut oil and heat in a double boiler, or for a homemade double boiler (use a Pyrex glass measuring cup inside a large pot of water).
Heat mixture until beeswax melts.
Remove measuring cup from pan and cool slightly before adding your essential oils.
Blend in essential oils gently with a sterile instrument.
Pour into your lip balm container and allow to set-up completely before using.
May store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place, or refrigerate for longer shelf life.
This lip balm and repair butter is formulated to moisturize and heal your lips, as well as other sensitive skin areas, especially those exposed to the environment.
Use to Heal Dry, Chapped Lips, Smooth Mouth Wrinkles, Prevent & Treat Cold Sore Outbreaks and to Promote Rapid Healing of Bumps & Bruises.
APPLICATION: This protective lip balm & repair butter is non greasy. Gently apply over your lips or other sensitive skin areas anytime. It won't build up!
Until next time...relax, enjoy your life and stay connected!