This Clay Facial and Body Masque made with French clay and pure essential oils will cleanse, detoxify & improve your skin elasticity
Essential oil blend:
2 drops lavender pure organic essential oil
1 drop rosemary verbenon pure organic essential oil
1 drop carrot seed pure organic essential oil
Preparation – what you will need:
Preferably use ingredients that are organic and pesticide free.
- Small bowl (stainless steel or ceramic)
- 1 Tablespoon French pink or green clay (facial masque)
- 1/2-2 Tablespoon purified water, or cream (facial masque)
- 1-1 1/2 cups French pink or green clay (partial or full body masque)
- 1/2-1 1/2 cup purified water, or cream (partial or full body masque)
- Sterilized instrument such as a stainless steel teaspoon
Facial Masque - Add 1 drop of the essential oil blend to your facial masque.
Body masque - Add all 3-4 drops of the essential oil blend to your body masque.
NATURAL FRENCH CLAY, mined in France. The two kinds of natural French clay I recommend for use with pure essential oils are pink and green clay.
PINK CLAY is a mild and gentle clay that's suitable for use everyday without any drying affects. Pink clay's action is cleansing, purifying, detoxifying, soothing, and softening. It is especially useful for dry, sensitive and normal skin conditions.
GREEN FRENCH CLAY is highly astringent, as well as absorbent. It is excellent for pulling oils, toxins, and impurities from your skin, and wonderful for toning and clearing the complexion as it tightens pores, repairs damaged skin cells, stimulates skin cell regeneration, and helps clear problem skin.
- Blend your choice of natural French clay with purified water or cream to make a loose paste, but not wet.
- Add your pure essential oil to the paste and blend thoroughly.
- Immediately begin to apply the French clay mixture to your face, or body using gentle upward sweeping strokes. Stand over a large bath towel, or in your shower if you are applying as a full or partial body masque.
- Relax and allow masque to dry for 10-15, and rinse off in a warm shower. If you're applying a full or partial body masque you can lie down in a dry tub or on a plastic sheet while the masque dries.
- Rinse off with a warm shower and towel dry with a soft towel.
CAUTION: Clay may stain fabric.
Your skin will feel soft, refreshed, more firm and toned after your masque.
Enjoy your spa day!
Was this article helpful to you? Please share your comments!
Until next time…relax, enjoy your life and stay connected!