September 14, 2023
What’s It All About?
The moon governs security issues and your feelings of emotional safety. The Virgo New Moon further augments the new beginnings coming in for you personally and for our world. Keep your frequency high and focus on the positive and the possibilities being ushered in now.
At this Virgo new moon your emotional security is all about expansion and radical change. With both Venus (the planet of love) and Jupiter (the planet of higher knowledge) station (Venus Station Direct, exact September 3rd) and (Jupiter Station Retrograde, exact on September 4th) you are set to implement the review of what you value (Venus) and gain a deeper understanding about what’s important (Jupiter) to you.
You may feel a natural impulse to re-organize and bring order to anything that feels out of place. Habits and routines may be reassessed and give way to new organization especially related to your work life. If you’re being offered a chance to change - you may want to go for it. You can choose to change (which is always easier), or forced to change.
Virgo is the original healer of the zodiac. Many astrologers are now assigning Chiron (the wounded healer) as a co-ruler of Virgo, along with Mercury (the magician and planet of communications and means of connecting). Because Mercury rules the everyday ‘conscious’ mind, you may experience more mental chatter than usual at the Virgo new moon.
Virgos are often considered the perfectionists of the zodiac. They do have a high vision for what the potential is for themselves and mankind. Virgo’s spend much energy and effort on becoming their best self. Self-improvement and personal development are high on their to-do list.
For Virgos it’s all about keeping the balance as they set their course to chart their way across life’s sometimes turbulent seas. Their mutability helps them adjust their sails accordingly to achieve their goals and dreams.
Virgo’s can keep their center, as can most earth signs, when faced with challenges. Staying out of their head and in their Chiron centered heart helps them keep their frequency high above the noise of ‘ordinary’ thought streams.
Because Virgos are perfectionists at heart, and take a logical, practical, and systematic approach to life, you may now feel an intense urge to make improvements.
The Virgo new moon may give you the courage to improve and brush up on skills that you have let go to waste. Now is also the perfect time to begin a new health regime. Any new health habits you start now are more likely to ‘stick’ for the long term as the Virgo new moon instills you with the fortitude to follow through. Diligence and consistent practice are hallmarks of Virgo.
Because Virgo is so picky you may feel yourself losing patience with someone, or something in your life. So, at the Virgo new moon you have an opportunity to exercise patience with yourself and others and develop more tolerance and acceptance for life’s imperfections.
The Virgo new moon is the perfect time to let go of anything that’s bothering you and surrender to life. Trust life and allow it to run its natural course. Life has a way of working out for the best for all concerned.
We all know that damming things up and trying to force the course of events for the ‘river of life' to flow doesn’t work out in the long term. We also know that suppressing and manipulating natural forces can have very detrimental effects for ourselves and others.
Health will be uppermost on your mind and more ‘healthy communications’ are highlighted. You may find yourself initiating new routines that promote a healthier lifestyle, as well as letting go of anything that may impede ‘healthy ways of communicating.’
What’s Up with Your Shadow?
All the astrology signs, of course, have positive and negative attributes. Facing the character flaws within yourself and harnessing their power to work towards a common purpose is the journey we all must traverse in life.
With Jupiter (R) and Venus (D) both station, now is a great time to take a ‘real’ assessment of where you’re at and how you’re doing in facing and implementing changes to your own shadow elements of character.
Life is not here to fulfill your expectations of how things should go.
The Virgo new moon is the perfect time to allow a little serendipity to work magic for you.
Affirmation: “Life is happening for me and unfolds perfectly.”
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for How the Virgo New Moon Can Affect You Personally.
Everyone has the Virgo New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Virgo New Moon influence:
- Mercury, the communicator and connector of the zodiac wheel, rules the sign of Virgo. Mercury rules the 3rd and 6th houses of the zodiac.
- Many modern-day astrologers also assign the attributes of Chiron to Virgo. Virgo’s impulse towards the focus of health and healing has led to its designation as the original healer of the zodiac.
- Mercury and Chiron are similar in the way they connect and promote communications. However, Mercury relates more to making those all-important conscious and external communications and connections while Chiron connects us more at a subconscious, or even unconscious level of the mind.
- Both planets are about our relationship orientation to others. You might say Mercury can play a rather superficial game of semantics, using trickery to get what it wants. In contradistinction Chiron, who because of his own internal ‘original’ wounding, acts with more humility and compassion in his way of connecting and communicating with others.
- What personal planets are located in your 3rd and 6th houses? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to these houses from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of esteem and recognition in the world. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal Mercury and Chiron located in your natal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts from your personal planets to your Mercury and Chiron then you will feel more supported at this time.
- If there are stressful contacts to your natal Mercury and Chiron you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. Remember to always let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. Best to let your emotions settle before taking action that may have long standing results.
- The Virgo New Moon cycle brings opportunities for fresh beginnings in the areas of your chart where Mercury and Chiron are currently transiting, as well as their positions in your natal chart.
- This is can be a great time for negotiating, or re-negotiating new agreements, signing contracts and starting new projects. Work and health are two areas especially highlighted and set for new beginnings.
- Pay attention to your feelings about yourself and how you relate to others. You’re ready to break out of some very old and established habit patterns. Stay open to new possibilities.
Virgo New Moon Astrology
21° 58’ Virgo New Moon
Thursday, September 14, 6:40pm PT
Moon Trine Jupiter Rx
Moon Trine Uranus Rx
Sun Trine Uranus Rx
Venus Square Jupiter Rx
Venus Stationary Direct
Jupiter Stationary Retrograde
Mercury Stationary Direct
The Virgo Moon brings a new beginning for all matters related to work, lifestyle and health. Your feeling of emotional safety comes from gaining more order and clarity in what matters most in your life. You may have the urge to organize anything that feels chaotic, or disorganized. Try being more tolerant and accept the seeming imperfections of life. It is better to trust life and let it run its own way, rather than expect that everything must happen according to your wishes.
Healing Gemstones & Crystals for Virgo
Green Jade - helps keep you in the flow. Supports you to make necessary changes and shift with the tides of life. Promotes peace, a powerful calming stone.
Moss Agate - promotes emotional balance, soothes tense and stressed feelings.
Key Essential Oil to Use: Clary Sage
Regulating oils that promote balance and harmony.
Virgo New Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from the time of the Virgo New Moon until the First Quarter Waxing Moon on at 12:32pm PT (vc) on September 22nd.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Haniel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Haniel's name means, “Glory of God."
An angel of healing, Archangel Haniel helps you recover lost secrets of natural healing remedies. S/he can also help you to accept and enjoy the flow of more grace into your life.
Call upon Haniel whenever you feel the need for more harmony and beauty in your life. Haniel is involved with Moon energy and helps with the flow of grace and clairvoyance (clear seeing). S/he is the Angel of Feminine Support.
Linking with Archangel Haniel will help to elevate and align you with thoughts of beauty and harmony and increase the flow of grace in your life.
Archangel Haniel is associated with the turquoise blue spectrum of colors and generally associated with the planet Venus.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmation:
Take time to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me accept and receive more love into my life.
- Thank you for helping me restore my faith in the goodness of life.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb the grace of Haniel’s healing presence. Allow Haniel to do the work necessary to bring more grace into your life.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring harmony to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for more flow of love, grace and harmony in your life. Or, whenever you feel the need to be more tolerant, kind and forgiving, or when you feel the need for making improvements in your lifestyle choices.
For greater insight about this particular Virgo New Moon, along with essential oil recipes, healing meditations, crystals & gemstones to use, eclipse seasons, super moons, planetary retrogrades, meaning of astrological aspects and much more check out my 2023 Astrological Moon Calendar.