What’s it all about?
What have you been focused upon and dreaming about, especially since the Pisces New Moon last spring? The Pisces Full Moon is all about your dreams coming true.
The Pisces Full Moon (ruled by Neptune) is conjunct the planet Neptune. This conjunction represents a supreme elevation of the Piscean energy at play. The planet Neptune is the planet of ideals and dreams manifesting into reality. Neptune also rules psychosis, disillusionment, martyrdom and victimization. There can be a distinct lack of ability to discern fact from fiction with this aspect. Con artists preying upon other's gullibility comes to mind.
Mercury, the planet of communications and making connections, is stationing Retrograde at the Pisces Full Moon. Mercury is Trine to the planet Mars in Gemini (also ruled by Mercury). There is a strong urge to take immediate action on one’s thoughts and communicate urgent messages. These messages are especially related to your internal communications and the stories about life you tell yourself.
There are other connections active now that support realizations and sudden changes taking place. The Pisces Moon is dreamy and romantic with a tendency towards ungrounded expression of the Mercurial energy being activated. Though, because Mercury's influence adds practicality and the celestial vibe at present is mutable and thus adaptable to the shifts taking place, the outcomes available now seem rather hopeful. Especially regards your making strides in your own internal communications and intuition.
You’re being called to open your mind to the changes taking place now. You must navigate the currents operating to make the most of the potentials available. Pay attention to the facts, not just what you want to be true. Pay attention to what people do rather than what they say. Words can be especially cheap and lack facts to back them up at the moment.
On the whole, the Pisces Harvest Full Moon offers you an abundance of opportunities.
Uranus Square Saturn
The final Square between the planet Saturn (status quo established structures) and Uranus (revolutionary change and breakthrough) is entering a 1° orb of exact at the Pisces full moon. This Square has been exerting pressure on the established structures of government, corporations and society at large to bring about needed changes worldwide.
The effects unleashed by the Conjunction between Uranus, Mars and the North Node activated at the Leo New Moon in July continue to reverberate out, as well.
There’s an escalation in the events triggering sudden changes until the end of March 2023. Things may begin to calm somewhat after mid-November though it looks like things will continue to play out that have been triggered until the spring of 2023 with an easing of tensions as time goes on.
Pisces natives are considered wise because of their ability to tolerate differences with others. They are not prone to anger, or blaming others. Instead, they frequently blame themselves and are over responsible.
They can be unselfish to a fault. Their compassionate nature can easily be taken advantage of by unscrupulous people. One of the most romantic and idealistic of all the zodiac signs, Pisces is another zodiac sign that can attract co-dependent type relationships. Addiction can be a problem for them. As can attracting addicts who cost them dearly and can be their undoing.
To remain healthy in body, mind, spirit and emotions, the Pisces native requires a lot of alone time to process their deep emotional nature. Creative expression is one of their most favorite ways to process their own thoughts and emotions. They can actually prefer their own company though they are one of the most compassionate and forgiving of all the zodiac signs and make wonderful and loyal friends.
Pisces is a mutable sign and extremely adaptable to changing circumstances. They can lack discernment when choosing friends and associates they can trust. Giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and making excuses for other’s behavior can turn into their worst fault. A Pisces will give anyone and everyone their whole hearted faith when it is unwarranted. Pisces can experience much heartache until they learn how to develop their powers of discernment.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
There are lots of places where you can get a free download of your astrology chart these days. One site I highly recommend is Astro Seek (no material association). At the touch of a key stroke you can access a wide assortment of data about your birth chart, including transits and progressions.
Everyone has the Pisces Full Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Pisces Moon influence:
- Neptune, the dreamer of the zodiacal wheel, governs the sign of Pisces (12th house). Since the Pisces Full Moon is Conjunct the planet Neptune, the tendency to romanticize, dream and fantasize is especially prevalent.
- The old ruler of Pisces is Jupiter (9th house), so you’ll also want to pay attention to where Jupiter is located in your chart and what personal planets and points aspect it (when you were born and currently by transit)
- Neptune (and Jupiter) represent your relationship to the Divine. Both Neptune and Jupiter orient you to life. Whether you are more oriented to an enthusiastic outlook on life is really governed by these two planets. Are they nicely aspected in your natal chart, or challenged?
- What personal planets, or points are located in your 12th and 9th houses? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to these houses from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of esteem and recognition in the world. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal Neptune located in your personal astrology chart? This is probably the greatest significator for how the Neptune charged Pisces moon will affect you. If you have harmonious contacts from your personal planets to your natal Neptune then you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your natal Neptune for support.
- You can also take note of whether your natal Neptune (or Jupiter) is being nicely aspected by current transiting planets.
- If there are stressful contacts to your natal Neptune and Jupiter you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth and change. Remember to always let yourself be guided to the best course of action. The great thing about Pisces/Neptune or the Jupiter influence is that they are both mutable signs. Mutable signs like and embrace change, compared to fixed signs which are very resistant to change.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. If you feel overly emotional at the Pisces Full Moon, best to let your emotions settle (maybe take a relaxing sea salt bath with aromatherapy). Wait to take action until you feel calm and grounded, not in a triggered emotionally reactive state.
- This is a great time for realizing a dream, or seeing the manifestation of something you’ve longed for.
Check out Meaning of the 12 Houses of the Zodiac to find out more how the Aquarius New Moon may be influencing you personally.
Best gemstones and crystals for Pisces
Aquamarine - Promotes balance and stability. Calming to the body mind and emotions. Can be helpful for breaking addictions and reducing cravings. Helps relieve stress and anxiety. A grounding stone that promotes love and selfless service.
Sodolite - Promotes self confidence and courage, supports the development of communication skills, strengthens your intuition. Good stone to use for public speaking and standing up for yourself.
Labradorite - An exceptional spiritual stone, labradorite lends powerful protection and healing. It is good for workaholics and overachievers, as well as those who are care takers and tend to over give to others. A restorative stone, labradorite helps you regain sapped energy and promotes self healing.
Astrology Pisces Full Moon
17° 40’ Pisces Full Moon
Saturday, September 10, 2:59am PT
Moon Square Mars
Moon Sextile Uranus (Rx)
Moon Conjunct Neptune (Rx)
Mercury Stationary Retrograde (Rx)
Mercury (Rx) Trine Mars
Uranus (Rx) Square Saturn (Rx)
Sun Trine Uranus (Rx)
Venus Inconjunct Jupiter (Rx)
Of all the zodiac Moons the Pisces Moon has the greatest sensitivity and perceptiveness about one’s surroundings. The Pisces Moon can bring up feelings of insecurity which you can choose to face and deal with, rather than ignore, or completely deny. Now you have a tremendous opportunity to express your feelings in creative and spiritual ways. Pisces brings you a goldmine of imagination to explore.
Essential Oil to Use: Bergamot
Regulating oils that support balanced outcomes. You want to remain balanced emotionally while at the same time not going overboard. Lunacy and over excitement/enthusiasm are possible with this Pisces Full Moon. Extremes are likely now, so keep your feet on the ground while allowing for unimagined possibilities to be realized.
Moon (Pisces) Square Mars (Gemini) - Emotionally volatile combination of celestial energies, a short temper may be prevalent, urgent need to fulfill your personal or professional desires. Mercury’s Trine to Mars should help ameliorate the intensity of the Moon’s Square to Mars.
Moon (Pisces) Conjunct Neptune Rx (Pisces) - Extreme emotions indicated, excitable temperament, emotionally volatile, vivid imagination and dreams.
Moons (Pisces) Sextile Uranus Rx (Taurus) - Stand out emotions and ideas, opportunities for breaking through and expressing genius and innovation.
Mercury Stations Retrograde - Major time of review of your thought processes, a time to go within and deepen your intuitive thinking.
Mercury Rx (Virgo) Trine Mars (Gemini) - This aspect usually indicates powerful, strong and confident communication. As Mercury is stationary retrograde this energy becomes internalized which can result in the deepening your inner sense of confidence and trust in your intuition. The trine between Mercury (Rx) and Mars can also aggravate negative self talk, if you’re prone to that, though the Trine usually has a beneficial influence for what occurs now.
Sun (Virgo) Trine Uranus (Taurus) - A liberating force on people, encourages you to express your uniqueness in ways that do not push people’s buttons, or offend others.
Sun (Virgo) Square Saturn Rx (Taurus) - Unrelenting determination to overcome any obstacles, or challenges you may encounter.
Venus (Virgo) Inconjunct Jupiter Rx (Aries) - The inconjunct (quincunx) aspect can represent a feeling of personal irritation. In effect Venus’ conversation with Jupiter (Rx) can help bring about needed shifts that result in expanding your sense of more personal pleasure in life.
Pisces Full Moon EO Recipe
This custom formulation has harmonizing and grounding properties with sweet, citrusy, exotic and sensual scents and floral notes. It will help you make the most of your Pisces Full Moon experience.
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) - 40 drops
- Rose Geranium (Pelargonium roseum) - 40 drops
- Frankincense (Boswellia frereana) - 20 drops
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend oils thoroughly. Allow to synergize for 12 hours or longer before using.
Pisces Full Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from just before the Pisces Full Moon until the First Quarter Waning Moon on September 17th at 2:52pm PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Zadkiel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Zadkiel's name means, “Righteousness of God."
Zadkiel is an angel of grace, freedom, benevolence and mercy. If you suffer from self judgment, or unforgiveness towards yourself or another, call upon Zadkiel. S/he is another angel that can boost your communications with the heavenly regions. S/he acts like a director of communications to help you get direct assistance from God. Zadkiel can assist with acts of transformation and freedom. Zadkiel is the patron angel of all those who forgive and an angel of mercy. Violet is the color associated with Zadkiel.
Petition your heart and mind with the following:
Choose one, or more of the affirmations that feels right for you to focus upon at this time. Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me be more compassionate towards myself and others.
- Thank you for helping me call in the support I need.
- Thank you for helping me transform life circumstances.
- Thank you for helping me get free of past troubles and their ramifications.
- Thank you for helping me see the goodness that surrounds all of life and life events.
- Thank you for helping me show more mercy and forgiveness towards myself and others.
- Thank you for helping me forgive myself for past transgressions.
- Thank you for helping me transform darkness and confusion into the light of acceptance and understanding.
- Thank you helping me see with the eyes of compassion.
- Thank you for helping me be more patient, kind and forgiving.
- Thank you for helping me be free of the past and move forward into a bright, new future.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring harmony to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need to free yourself from the past and to be more compassionate and merciful towards yourself and others.