Challenges have surfaced on all fronts. From COVID-19's appearance earlier this year and the ongoing mixed messaging about the best response for controlling the virus' spread, to global warming related crises like rampant out of control wildfires and devastating floods from tropical storms, hurricanes and cyclones worldwide, to the crash of many financial sources of income suddenly shutdown for far too many people.
Food insecurity is on the rise this year in the U.S. and around the world. Instead of continuing trends showing the lowering of worldwide poverty worldwide, we've seen a doubling in only the last several months. It’s incredible that we’ve plunged to such depths in such a short period of time.
In light of these troubling statistics we all need to double down on taking the 2020 holiday season as a time to celebrate, commit to being grateful for the wealth of blessings we do have and spread good vibes in our community.
By joining together, in the spirit of unity, we will get through this unprecedented period of time and be stronger for it.
Top 5 Ways to Get in the Christmas Holiday Spirit & Spread Holiday Cheer
- The Christmas Tree - this year more people are purchasing a live Christmas tree than ever before in recent years. The ritual of going out with your closest family members and friends to select a live Christmas tree is a time honored tradition that is getting revived this year. People in your immediate family and friends you live with, can join together to select a tree and then decorate and trim it together. The Christmas Tree is at the top of everyone’s list this year.
- Christmas Lights - this is a very inexpensive and easy way to boost your holiday cheer quotient. Use twinkly colored lights to light up the inside of your house with warm cheer. Display lights outside of your house to spread good cheer in your neighborhood. Your neighbors will thank you for it!
- Christmas Wreaths or Holiday Door Swags - are also a popular, inexpensive and easy way to boost holiday spirits. Dressing up your front door with great smelling evergreens and a bit of red ribbon is a refreshing and welcoming sight to greet yourself home, as well as your closest immediate family and friends you live with, during the holidays.
- Christmas Cards - are another great way to share and spread holiday cheer with your family and friends. Displaying your cards that you’ve received around your house reminds you of the constant love of your family and friends.
- Christmas Music - what would the Christmas holidays be without your favorite Christmas music. Fortunately there is a tremendous selection of traditional and contemporary holiday music available at your finger tips these days. Many digital media platforms are available for free, or for a small monthly fee, to provide you with nonstop musical entertainment. Of course, you can also turn to your own private collection of favorite Christmas music, if you have one.
- Baking Christmas Cookies - nothing spreads cheer faster than some holiday baking. Favorites include gingerbread cookies that you can decorate with your own creative and individual style. Sugar cookies with colored sprinkles are also a Christmas favorite. There are also many family traditions for baking different types of Christmas cakes, like fruitcakes, as well as pies and candies you can enjoy. Baking can be a solo act, or involve your closest immediate family members and friends you live with. Everyone loves getting homemade Christmas cookies during the holidays, so fire up your oven and get started baking.
General CDC Guidelines for Holiday Celebrations & Small Gatherings During Time of COVID-19
"Limit the number of attendees as much as possible to allow people from different households to remain at least 6 feet apart at all times. Guests should avoid direct contact, including handshakes and hugs, with others not from their household. Host outdoor rather than indoor gatherings as much as possible." Read more.
Christmas Magic EO Blend
Christmas is definitely a time when you can look-to and rely upon aromatherapy to cheer and lift your spirits. Certain scents, like peppermint, always bring to mind the Christmas holidays.
Try this magical holiday spray to put you in the Christmas spirits. It’s made with time honored essential oils known for their extraordinary mood lifting capacity.
To a 5ml (100 drops) colored glass euro-dropper bottle add:
- Peppermint (Mentha x piperita) - 40 drops
- Frankincense/Olibanum (Boswellia frereana) - 10 drops
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis) - 10 drops
- Clove (Eugenia Caryophyatta) - 10 drops
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) - 10 drops
- Black Spruce (Picea Mariana) - 10 drops
- Cypress (Cupressus sempevirens) - 10 drops
Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to blend essential oils thoroughly together. Allow to synergize 12 hours, or longer before using.
Christmas Magic EO Spray
Preparation – what you will need:
- Colored Glass Bottle with Atomizer Misting Top - 2 ounce
- Christmas Magic EO Blend - 60-120 drops
Purified or Fresh Spring Water
Christmas Magic EO Recipe Directions
- Half fill two (2) ounce colored glass misting bottle with pure filtered or fresh spring water.
- Add EO blend
- Fill/top off bottle with water
- Cap bottle with atomizer top and shake well before misting into the air. Inhale the aromatic scent. Avoid contact with skin. You may also use your EO blend in a diffuser, follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Solar Eclipse New Moon Ritual - December 14, 2020
Bring in the 2021 New Year ready to make the most of your opportunities. Find out about the astrology of the Sagittarius Solar Eclipse New Moon on December 14th and the potent promise for a fresh new start. The Sagittarius Solar Eclipse is Conjunct the Heart Center of the Milky Way Galaxy and represents a rare opportunity to align with the highest and best potentials available for you and our world at this time.
This ritual will help you let go of any emotional baggage that may undermine you from truly tapping into the new beginnings on offer.