Scorpio New Moon
November 13, 2023
What’s it all about?
The Scorpio New Moon activates new beginnings. In the deepest regions of your psyche. The deepest stirrings of new growth within yourself are being activated at this time.
Much can be released just before the new moon when it is at its darkest phase of the cycle. Much can come to the surface for release at this time. Dark forces at work beneath the surface may be exposed.
The Scorpio New is primarily about healing and regeneration. Much must be purged for you (and humanity) to move forward.
Saturn Stationary Direct at 0° Pisces (exact November 4th) signals a coming to terms with the need for change that is constructive (not destructive). There is a real call for leadership during this time. Most of all, you must be willing to step up and take responsibility for yourself and the quality of your life experience.
With Saturn’s station at 0° Pisces the paradigm of the Piscean age, with its heavy emphasis on martyrdom, gets restructuring. The old patriarchal paradigms are falling away as the Humanitarian paradigm of the Aquarian age gives more hints of its eventual complete realization. This means the paradigm of blame and victimization for what happens in life is beginning to fall away. We begin to embrace responsibility for the quality of our life experience. Instead of giving our power away to an authority outside of our self. We begin to own our power of authority
The wiring of your nervous system is undergoing a profound change with this dawning of a new age. This process of complete birthing of the Aquarian age is estimated to take approximately 600 years. While the entire age lasts for approximately 2600 years.
We are coming to understand in a heartfelt way that we live in a ‘no fault,’ vibrationally based universe.
We attract what we experience and how we experience it. Consequently, it follows that we also choose how we perceive and make choices by our own vibrational resonance. This understanding must be completely wired into your nervous system and will change everything about the way you view your life. Your reality!
Emotional maturity is absolutely essential. You must take charge of yourself and how you respond to circumstances in your life. Change the way you look at things and you’ll see the things you look at will change. You’ll begin to interpret what’s happening from a whole new paradigm.
The Scorpio New Moon is your spring board for making the most of the opportunities available to you at the Gemini Full Moon in two-week’s time. You’re setting the table for your 2024 New Year. What will be on the menu?
Scorpio is known for its passion and depth. The energy of Scorpio is complex with mysterious underpinnings not apparent to the casual observer.
Scorpio has two planetary rulers. Its old ruler is Mars, the planet of war, energy and action. Its new ruler is the planet Pluto, the planet of regeneration and healing.
There are three stages for evolution of Scorpio energy.
- The first stage is represented by the reptilian survival instincts.
- The second stage is the eagle, flying above events and seeing things from the advantage of a greater perspective.
- The third stage of development is the phoenix, a mythical bird who rises above the ashes of its own death to be reborn as an entirely new being.
The three stage of a Scorpio’s development signify the soul’s journey through the fires of adversity to learn the lessons of transcendence.
We all have Scorpio energy operating in our natal chart and in our personal lives.
Now there is great opportunity available to realize great things for yourself and for humanity. You carry the seed potential for our future generations. What will you give birth to now?
With Scorpio’s modern ruler Pluto making her next to last Station Direct and exit from Capricorn and entry into Aquarius on January 21, 2024, we are at a peak period of exposure of the dark side of governments and corporations worldwide.
These dark elements must be owned and integrated, so that they no longer hold influence to subvert governance systems for humanity at all levels, i.e. whether at home, city, state, national, or international and includes small businesses and corporations. Your work of embracing your own shadow can help move us forward on our evolutionary path as humans. What will you choose?
As Scorpio has two planetary rulers it governs two houses, the 1st and the 8th houses of the zodiac. Your 1st house represents your persona and how you project yourself out onto the world stage at large. While the 8th house is how you are valued by others. Valuations can come in the form of inheritances, insurance settlements, credit or loans from banks, a partner’s financial resources. This is also the house of death and taxes, so matters in the 8th house can bring powerful alliances, as well as unavoidable obligations.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for How the Scorpio New Moon Can Affect You Personally.
Everyone has the Scorpio New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Scorpio New Moon influence:
- Where (what house) is the sign of Scorpio located in your natal chart? This is the area of your life that will be most affected now for experiencing endings and new beginnings.
- Mars is the old ruler of Scorpio and Pluto the modern ruler. What houses are the planets Mars (currently transiting the sign of Scorpio) and Pluto (currently transiting the sign of Capricorn) located in your natal chart? This is where in your life you may get new opportunities for fresh starts related to the themes of the houses both of these planets are currently transiting.
- What celestial bodies are located in your 1st house (Mars is the natural ruler of the 1st house) and 8th house (Pluto is the natural ruler of the 8th house)? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to these houses from one or more planets, or points in your natal chart? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of harmony, balance and justice. While harsh aspects will augment any struggles presented at this time.
- What houses are your natal Mars and Pluto located in your natal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts to and from these celestial bodies in your chart then you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the supportive energies symbolized by harmonious aspects in your natal chart for support.
- You can also take note of whether any of these celestial bodies in your natal chart are being nicely aspected by transiting planets.
- If there are stressful contacts to planets, points, or luminaries (Sun and Moon) in your natal chart, you’ll want to take note of these. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth and change. Remember to always let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens, though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche, the emotions will be transient.
- You may feel overly intense and emotional at the Scorpio New Moon. Best to let your emotions settle before acting. Wait until you feel calm and grounded, not in a triggered emotionally reactive state.
This is a tremendous time for taking charge of your internal life story. It’s a time when tremendous healing and regeneration can occur. Deep and far reaching change and new beginnings are set to occur now.
Scorpio New Moon Astrology
20° 43’ Scorpio New Moon
Monday, November 13, 1:27am PT
Moon Opposes Uranus Rx
Moon Conjunct Mars Opposes Uranus Rx
Moon Trine Neptune (Rx)
Moon Sextile Pluto (vc)
Mercury Sextile Venus Inconjunct Jupiter Rx
Saturn Stationary Direct
The Scorpio New Moon always brings the opportunity to investigate your feelings more deeply. You may be searching for answers to old dilemmas with sudden breakthroughs possible. You’ll want to get to the bottom of things and nothing will deter you. You seek purification and healing of your emotions and emotional life.
Healing Gemstones and Crystals for Scorpio
Golden Yellow or Blue Topaz - the fiery golden topaz is the traditional gemstone for Scorpio. Topaz softens the intense energies of Scorpio. Its healing properties help to regenerate and restore the life force energy when feeling burnt out. Known as a stone of love and good fortune, Topaz promotes truth, clarity and forgiveness.
Key Essential Oil to Use: Ylang Ylang
Use oils that balance the mind and free the emotions.
Scorpio New Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from the Scorpio New Moon until the First Quarter Waxing Moon on November 20th at 2:50am PT (v/c)
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Azrael to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Azrael’s name means, “Whom God helps.”
Azrael has been referred to as the angel of death. Azrael aids with the transition and transformation from one form to another. S/he assists you to make dramatic changes without suffering through the process. Call upon Azrael if you need support and comfort in the process of letting go and moving on.
The patron angel of the clergy and grief counselors, the colors associated with Azrael are deep indigo to red shades.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmations:
Choose one, or more, affirmations to focus upon at this time. Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me be let go of the old and welcome the new.
- Thank you for helping me feel safe during times of great turbulence and change.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring harmony to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for support and comfort to move through life changes with grace and ease.
For greater insight about this particular Scorpio New Moon, along with essential oil recipes, healing meditations, crystals & gemstones to use, eclipse seasons, super moons, planetary retrogrades, meaning of astrological aspects and much more check out my 2023 Astrological Moon Calendar.