Crostini (meaning "little crusts" in Italian) are an Italian appetizer consisting of small slices of grilled or toasted bread with toppings.
The toppings can include a variety of different cheeses, meats, and vegetables. The fresher, the better.
You can also make simple crostini with a brush of olive oil with herbs or a sauce.
However, you make your crostini essential oils can add just that bit of flavorful difference that will make it memorable!
What you will need:
- 1 French Baguette, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 Avocado, medium ripe peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh finely chopped
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 scallion, fresh and finely chopped
- 1 garlic, fresh clove minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1-3 drops Spicy Blend (click for recipe)
- Large baking sheet, prepared with olive or coconut oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Put baguette rounds on baking sheet prepared with oil and toast until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Place avocado in a blender, along with cilantro, goat cheese, 1-3 drops Spicy blend, jalapeño pepper and garlic and blend together until smooth.
Season to taste with salt if desired.
Optionally you can use a fork to mash ingredients together until blended.
Scoop spoonfuls of the avocado mixture onto baguette rounds and garnish tops with chopped cherry tomatoes.
AUTHOR AUTOGRAPHED COPY - Get more Aromatherapy Food recipes like this one in my newest award-winning book.
Get your Author Autographed Copies HERE: The Essential Oils Complete Reference Guide: Over 250 Recipes for Natural Wholesome Aromatherapy. Limited supply available!
Or, buy on Amazon.com.