2. Lemongrass Black Tea
- Black tea or tea bags
- Pure lemongrass essential oil
- A jar with tight fitting side
- Put a half pound of your favorite black tea in a glass container that has a tight fitting lid, or you can use tea bags if you prefer.
- Dispense 10 drops of Lemongrass pure essential oil on a paper towel and lay on top of your loose black tea or tea bags.
- Seal the jar with the tight fitting lid and leave for seven days. The scent of lemongrass will be absorbed into the tea leaves.
- After seven days remove the paper towel and prepare and serve your tea as you like it and enjoy.
- Keep your lemongrass scented black tea sealed tightly and store in a cool, dry place like a cupboard. If stored properly scented tea will usually last up to six months.
3. Fresh Lemongrass Tea (de-caffeinated)
These quantities will give about 4 servings of 6-ounce cups
- 2 cups of lemongrass stalks chopped
- 1/4-1/8 cup of honey or maple syrup for taste
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Bring water to boil over high heat in medium saucepan
- Add lemongrass and bring to low simmering boil for 5-10 minutes.
- The longer you boil the more flavorful will be your tea.
- Reduce heat and allow to cool slightly for 1-5 minutes
- Strain stalks from the tea liquid.
- Add honey or maple syrup sweetener
- Chill in the refrigerator and pour over ice.
Read first blog in series, Cool Off This Summer Essential Oils to Use +Plus El Gazpacho Soup Recipe.