- Contains the most powerful anti-inflammatory properties in aromatherapy
- #1 Choice for relieving inflamed, irritated skin conditions
- Promotes soothing, calming and tranquilizing effect
- Traditional remedy for fussy babies
- Significant anticancer activity
- Helpful in treating common cold symptoms
- Helpful as a sleep aid
- Helpful for improving cardiovascular health
- Helpful for treating infant colic disorders
- Reduces gastric acidity as effectively as a commercial antacid
- Reduces systolic blood pressure
- Reduces muscle spasms and gastrointestinal inflammation
- Stimulates osteoblastic cell differentiation (building of bone)
- Mild anxiolytic effects for treating Generalized Anxiety Disorders (GAD)
- Ameliorates hyperglycemia and diabetic complications
- Prevents post operative sore throat and hoarseness
- Caused complete wound healing faster than corticosteroids
Botanical/Latin Name: Matricaria recutita aka Matricaria chamomila
Distillation: Steam distilled flowers
How Grown: Conventional unsprayed
Aromas: Sweet, herbaceous, fresh and fruity.
Chemical Families: Sesquiterpene, Oxide, Sesquiterpenol
GC/MS Tested: 100% Pure & Natural
FDA Approved: Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) Status
A highly respected oil for over 3,000 years, German Chamomile oil’s pleasing aroma is deep, mellow and intensely sweet with slightly herbal and fruity notes. It is somewhat reminiscent of freshly mown hay.
This essential oil was often distilled in Germany from Hungarian raw materials, which may explain why it's called, "German" Chamomile.
Bulgaria is famous for producing some of the finest essential oils in the industry, like Rose and Lavender. The Bulgarian climate and soil impart unique qualities to this distillation of German Chamomile. It is distinguished as being the finest quality available on the world market today.
One of the most powerful anti-inflammatory essential oils in aromatherapy, German Chamomile is high in chamazulene content.
Chamazulene is what gives German chamomile it gorgeous shade of deep blue, as well as its potent anti-inflammatory and fever reducing effect.
Because of its high azulene content German Chamomile is the #1 Choice for relieving inflamed and irritated skin conditions.
It has a long history of helping skin conditions, such as dermatitis, boils, acne, skin rash, eczema and psoriasis.
Psycho-emotionally, German Chamomile oil's sedative action can have a soothing, tranquilizing and calming effect upon the mind and emotions.
It is often recommended for use in sleep formulas.
Pregnant moms especially enjoy the soothing aroma of German Chamomile oil as it helps them to stay calm, rested and relaxed.
German Chamomile is a traditional remedy for fussy babies.
BLEND WITH: The effect of using Chamomile alone is quite lovely. In a blend choose the more emotionally supportive oils like Atlas Cedarwood, Himalayan Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium Bourbon, Helichrysum, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Petitgrain, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver.
SUGGESTED USE ON LABEL: Adult: Dispense 1-3 drops on a cotton ball or smell strip and inhale, or as directed.
CAUTIONS: Prone to oxidation, recommend refrigeration. Drug interaction (all routes). Avoid use when taking drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 gene.
*Special order, please allow 7-10 days for shipment.