Aries Full Moon
September 29, 2023
What’s it all about?
With the mix of fiery and volatile energies constellated, along with Pluto (the planet of regeneration and healing) stationing direct, the scene is set for possible fireworks that expose much that has been dormant coming to the surface for healing. This can be an intense emotional time. Though the opportunities for reward are great. There’s the promise of short-term discomfort leading to possible long-term gains for love and pleasure.
Fall Eclipse Season
We have entered the orb of our final Eclipse season for 2023. The changes being ushered in by the upcoming Annular Solar Eclipse in Libra and the Taurus Partial Lunar Eclipse are already underway.
You can feel the effects of an eclipse usually at least 6-weeks prior before its happening. During the weeks leading up to an eclipse you get clear indications about what’s about to change.
What is realized/illuminated now will continue to play out at the Taurus Partial Lunar Eclipse on October 28th through the Lunar Samhain occurring on October 31st and into the next six months period.
The tensions mount as we draw nearer to these two Eclipses. Notice what’s happening now to get a look ahead at the kind of intensity you might experience and what's about to unfold and change through the end of this year and into 2024.
The nodes have started their shift into new zodiac signs of Aries and Libra. Last April we had our first hybrid solar eclipse in Aries where the North Node will take up residence for the next 18 months. While the South Node will be transiting the sign of Libra.
The last time the North Node was in Aries (and the South Node in Libra) was from December 27, 2004 until January 22, 2006. Think what was occurring for you (if you were born) for a glimpse of the themes that may unfold for you through the coming 18 months.
Now is also a good time to review the opportunities that came your way in 2022. Would you like to expand on any opportunities, or let go of anything? If so, name them? Have you made the most of your opportunities? Now you get a second chance to make final breakthroughs in the houses where Taurus and Scorpio reside in your natal chart.
Aries and Libra are the natural rulers of the 1st House (your persona, personal appearance, self-image) and the 7th House (relationships, agreements, contracts).
Eclipse Dates 2023
- April 20 (1:17am PT): Hybrid Solar Eclipse in Aries at 29° 52’
- May 5 (2:24pm PT): Penumbral Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio at 14° 52’
- October 14 (3pm PT): Annular Solar Eclipse in Libra at 21° 10’
- October 28 (4:13am PT): Partial Lunar Eclipse in Taurus at 5° 3’
Aries natives are very driven to succeed at whatever they pursue. They are very competitive by nature. Their fiery nature makes them spontaneous, passionate and courageous. They enjoy taking risks and love adventure. They can be honest and direct to a fault, sometimes causing injury by their biting sarcasm.
Ruled by Mars (the planet of action and energy), Aries are bold leaders, aggressive and determined to win at all costs (even when they know they are in the wrong).
Aries excel at starting new projects, but can be short on follow through. They often start things they do not finish. Their energy is quick and can burn out just as quickly, too. Aries is prone to becoming bored quickly in their jobs and relationships. Aries live for the quest and pursuing the objects of their desires. Once attained they can lose interest quickly.
Aries will probably be most happy if they are self-employed though they are challenged with having a regular schedule and following through on their commitments.
Everything happens very quickly with an Aries. They enjoy adventure travel and their interests are varied and broad. It’s hard for them to settle down. They just love their freedom and independence too much to let themselves be tied down by personal demands on their time. Space is all important to Aries natives.
Aries because they are ruled by Mars (the planet most representative of the raw ego drive active within all of us) are often considered more narcissistic than any of the other zodiac signs. They are not known for keeping their agreements, or following through on plans. Trustworthy is not how you would typically describe an Aries.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for how the Aries Full Moon can affect you personally.
Everyone has the Aries Full Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Aries Full Moon influence:
- Where (what house) is the sign of Aries located in your natal chart? This is the area of your life that will be most highlighted now for experiencing intense realizations. Volcanic eruptions may be eminent for you and on the world stage. Be willing to look beneath the surface to discover what’s really going on with your heart and personal love energies.
- What house is the transiting planet Saturn in Pisces located in your chart? This is where you may get an opportunity in your life to realize a new form, or structure, that can give you stability and security now and into the future.
- What house is transiting Venus located in your chart? You may experience some realization regarding a relationship, or agreement in this area of your life. A relationship, or agreement can end if no longer viable, or go through some sort of change.
- What personal planets are located in your 1st (natural placement Aries ruled by Mars), 6th (natural placement Virgo ruled by Mercury) and 7th (natural placement Libra ruled by Venus) houses? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to these houses from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of harmony, balance and justice. While harsh aspects will augment any struggles presented at this time.
- What houses are your natal Moon, Venus, Mercury, Mars and Uranus located in your personal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts to and from these celestial bodies in your chart then you will feel more supported at this time.
- You may want to lean into the supportive energies symbolized by harmonious aspects in your natal chart for support.
- You can also take note of whether any of these celestial bodies in your natal chart are being nicely aspected by transiting planets.
- If there are stressful contacts to celestial bodies in your natal chart, you’ll want to take note of these. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth and change. Remember to always let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens, though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche, the emotions will be transient.
- You may feel overly intense and emotional at the Aries Full Moon. There can be an explosive event that occurs illuminating a struggle between your personal love exchanges and your ego identity. Best to let your emotions settle before acting. Wait until you feel calm and grounded before taking action, not in a triggered emotionally reactive state.
- Of course, because we are in the fall eclipse season the timing of events that unfold now may not be entirely in your hands. What is scheduled to change will change at the right time.
- This is a tremendous time for taking charge of your love life and healing ego identity issues. You want love that is mutual, not one sided.
The Aries Full Moon each year brings an opportunity for you to step up and act. A Full Moon always marks a time of fulfillment and celebration, as well as letting go of what’s no longer working. What did you initiate around the time of the Aries New Moon last spring? Now you can take time to celebrate your accomplishments and jettison what didn’t work out as well as you had hoped.
The symbol of the zodiac sign of Aries is the Ram. A masculine sign, Rams are male bighorn sheep that live in the mountains and frequently known to settle arguments by butting heads with others.
The astrological aspects occurring at the time of the Aries Full Moon can bring revelations about the healing and regeneration needed for past heart break, or disappointments. You also have an opportunity for setting a more promising foundation for your future endeavors where love and romance are concerned. This can also relate to your business affairs. Be willing to do the inner work necessary and look at your own inner demons that may prevent you from fully embracing your destiny and purpose in life. You have an opportunity to do some inner conflict resolution. The universe is signaling the time is ripe to mature emotionally.
Aries Full Moon Astrology
6° 00’ Aries Full Moon
Friday, September 29, 2:57a m PT
Venus Square Uranus Rx
Venus Sextile Mars
Mercury Trine Uranus Rx
Mars Inconjunct Uranus Rx
Pluto Stationary Direct
There’s real opportunity to realize an emotional win for yourself though it may come at the price of sudden and intense feelings, at least initially. It’s a powerful time to advance your cause whatever it may be. Use all the tension being released to fuel the resolution of problems rapidly. However, do not rush, just keep the ball rolling and let events unfold naturally at their own pace.
Healing Gemstones & Crystals for Aries
Lapis Lazuli - helpful for clearing the higher chakra centers, supports discernment and wise action, aids clarity, communications and integrity.
Key Essential Oil to Use: Bergamot
Oils that calm your mind and emotions.
Aries Full Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting at the Aries Full Moon until the First Quarter Waning Moon on October 6th at 6:48am PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Uriel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Uriel’s name means, “God is my light.”
Defender of the earth element, Uriel watches over the north and Illumines situations. Uriel brings light and clarity into the darkest situations that are bogged down and resistant to change.
Uriel is said to bring prophetic visions and grant spiritual understanding. When unstable conditions are prevalent upon the earth, call upon Archangel Uriel for protections and guidance.
Uriel helps with healing and recovery after an aftermath of a natural disaster or difficult transition in life. Uriel is the patron angel of all those who work in the field of music, literature, arts and sciences and is associated with the color red.
Archangel Uriel can assist you to heal any imbalances in your life, especially related to the natural world.
Uriel helps with illuminating and ameliorating natural disasters like we’ve been experiencing, i.e. infectious disease, floods, hurricanes and wild fires. Uriel empowers you with the necessary understanding and courage to heal and recover in the aftermath of such events.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmations:
Take time to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me create peace where there is unrest.
- Thank you for helping me be courageous in facing challenges in life.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb the Uriel’s healing light of truth. Allow Uriel to do the work necessary to increase your ability to discern truth and be honest.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to act with courage and strength. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for more courage and strength to do the right thing in your life. Or, whenever you feel the need to be more truthful and develop your powers of discernment.
For greater insight about this particular Aries Full Moon, along with essential oil recipes, healing meditations, crystals & gemstones to use, eclipse seasons, super moons, planetary retrogrades, meaning of astrological aspects and much more check out my 2023 Astrological Moon Calendar.