The Capricorn Super Full Moon is incredibly complex. It’s a supreme mix of auspicious alignments that point to real harmony at work to bring about constructive breakthrough opportunities.
There’s tremendous pressure for change to established structures that have been resistant to progress. The established order, most especially governmental and corporate-type structures, are feeling the pincer squeeze to usher in profound changes.
Power to the People
Power to the people is getting ramped up and we can see the demise of established structures if they are unwilling, or unable to accommodate the needs of a post modern society in developed countries. Developing countries are also starting to put pressure on established developed countries to act more responsibly towards them. The escalation of global climate change is upon us all. The world is in chaos on so many levels.
The realization of developed countries impact on developing countries has been realized and more and more pressure is felt to help navigate the discrepancies and power differentials. The realization begins to dawn that through helping others we actually help ourselves because everything is connected.
No Going Back
There’s no going back now that globalization of the planet has taken hold. There must be a balance of taking local responsibility for meeting our needs, but also the need for growing our awareness and acting responsibly towards others. The age of isolationism is over and done with.
The needs of families and support from larger organizations and the body politics has a responsibility that must be reckoned with. Individuals make up organizational bodies. Individuals need to take back their power to influence the direction that organized bodies take.
The resurgence of unions is in part a response to the growing need for balance between individuals and the organizations that represent them.
Through the chaos and unknowns we face we have an opportunity for reorganizing to a higher order of participation, so that our individual needs are met. Our individual needs matter, or human rights matter, social values matter.
Self Awareness & Our Connection
Self awareness and awareness of our connection as social beings to one another is undergoing profound shifts and changes.
The Capricorn Super Full Moon exposes the truth about where we are as individuals and as family units and what kind of social sphere we want to support that supports our individual needs. The two are not mutually exclusive. They actually need each other to survive and thrive.
The Capricorn Full Super Moon shines its light for us to clearly see the dark parts we have to accept, embrace and change if we’re to create and experience more unity and harmony, and working together for the common good.
If you have authority issues left over from early childhood they may get exposed now. You need to take back your power as the authority of your own life.
When we have embraced our own authority and responsibility for ourselves and the quality of our life experience, not blame others for how we experience our life, then we can be a part of the solution to bring about greater social justice and equality.
Capricorn natives are achievement oriented. They are ambitious leaders, materialistic and determined to achieve whatever they set out to do. Hardworking to a fault and workaholic by nature, Capricorns are quite enterprising and enthusiastic in their undertakings.
Driven and focused towards their objective in life, Capricorn is the natural executive and can often be found at the head of a successful company, or organization. Capricorns never give up. Persistence, patience and perseverance are all strong positive traits of Capricorn. They are extremely loyal to their circle of loved ones and can be very perceptive and sensitive to other people’s needs.
However, the negative traits of a Capricorn can surface when they are not supported in their natural drive for success in material undertakings. Self sabotage is a trait that can cause ongoing challenges throughout life for the Capricorn. They can become pessimistic, greedy and cynical about life. As Capricorns take extraordinary responsibility in life they can internalize self blame and nothing they achieve is ever good enough. Their self blame can get projected outward onto ‘others’ and they can feel victimized by the ‘others’ they have cast as judging them. Capricorns can seem cold, inflexible, rigid and miserly when they become imbalanced and thwarted to achieving their goals, not realizing it comes from within themselves.
Healing Gemstones and Crystals for Capricorn
- Red Garnet (strengthens love and sexuality, ameliorates anger toward yourself and others, heals pain and trauma)
- Agate (enhances mental function, heals inner anger and anxiety, strengthens relationships)
- Turquoise (calming, lifts spirits, helps flush negative emotions, supports detoxification)
Tips for How the Capricorn Full Super Moon Can Affect You Personally
Everyone has the Capricorn Full Super Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart.
Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Capricorn Full Moon influence:
- Saturn, the stern taskmaster of the zodiac, rules the sign of Capricorn. Saturn rules the 10th house of status and how you are you are recognized in the world. It’s the placement of CEOs and executives of the world. It is also the house where the wife and mother of the zodiac sit and rule. It’s the house of rewards, certifications, trophies and awards.
- What personal planets, or points are located in your 10th house? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of esteem and recognition in the world. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal Saturn located in your personal astrology chart? This is probably the greatest significator for how the Capricorn moon will affect you. If you have harmonious contacts from personal planets you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your natal Saturn for support. If there are stressful contacts to your Saturn you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. If you can remember that when under any stress you experience at the Capricorn Full Super Moon its best to be contemplative and reflect about whatever is happening rather than be reactive to whatever surfaces. Let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. Best to let your emotions settle before taking action that may have long standing results. Keep your cool if possible. The biggest intensity is shortly before the Super Full Moon for a week, or so after and even up until a couple of days after the Leo New Moon on July 28th. A New Moon cycle brings fresh opportunities the end of the month and into the first week of August.
21° 20’ Capricorn Super Full Moon
Wednesday, July 13, 11:37am PT
Moon Opposes Mercury
Moon Trine Uranus
Mercury Sextile Uranus
Moon Sextile Neptune (Rx)
Moon Conjunct Pluto (Rx) (vc)
Mercury Square Chiron
Venus Trine Saturn (Rx)
Venus Square Neptune (Rx)
The Capricorn Moon always brings a strong need for being useful in society. This is the zodiac sign of accomplishments and achievements. Governments and corporations are represented by this sign. A full moon always brings completion and something worth celebrating. Go BIG and, if you're willing to do the necessary hard work, you can achieve all of your goals and objectives. Look to your own self for the self approval you may seek from outside. Stepping into and shining your own light for others to see is rewarded. Take responsibility for yourself and what shows up for you and let go of any self doubt. You must trust that you are worthy of the success that urges you from within to accomplish great things. Let go of past disappointments. A time begins now when you start to review (and let go of) what you previously valued and reassess what matters most to you now. A time of deep assessment of your values brings tremendous benefits in the future.
Essential Oil to Use: Frankincense
Use the ancient oils and oils most commonly used for celebration rituals and rites of passage.
- Moon (Capricorn) Opposes Mercury (Cancer) - you may feel pulled in opposite directions at the same time. Excitability and nervousness pull you in one direction while you may feel stoic and over responsible about taking the proper course. Part of you can take things extremely personally while another leans towards being emotionally cautious. The Capricorn Super Full Moon’s conjunction to Pluto adds tremendous depth charge to psyche and emotional sensitivity.
- Moon (Capricorn) Trine Uranus (Taurus) - extreme and futuristic visions are coupled with excitability. Something very unexpected can happen now. The Uranium charge adds extreme instability to the emotions. This combination looks like earth changes and extreme weather patterns have a possibility for erupting at this time.
- Mercury (Cancer) Sextile Uranus (Taurus) - ingenuity and quick mental shifts and changes in perception are possible.
- Moon (Capricorn) Sextile Neptune Rx (Pisces) - the imaginative and creative faculties are strong at the time of the Capricorn Full Super Moon. The psychic intuition is especially sensitive. Compassion and sensitivity to other’s needs is especially strong. It’s a great time for meditative practices.
- Moon (Capricorn) Conjunct Pluto Rx vc (Capricorn) - intense and all consuming emotional excavation. With this pair trine to Uranus in Taurus there’s much that can breakthrough and shift suddenly into awareness. The mind is super spongey to good effect for stimulating much needed change.
- Mercury (Cancer) Square Chiron (Aries) - mental resistance to healing is under pressure which can provide impetus for a much needed breakthrough. One’s individual sovereignty and the emotions that lay suppressed in the unconscious can get purged at this time.
- Venus (Gemini) Trine Saturn Rx (Aquarius) - emotions are given a form for expression. There’s a quality of stability to what one loves and enjoy, as well as steadfast loyalty to those values. Commitment to your love relationships and your family values are getting reviewed. There’s an ease to the changes indicated now.
- Venus (Gemini) Square Neptune Rx (Pisces) - potential for reshaping what you value in life. New visions for the future are under review.
Capricorn Full Super Moon EO Recipe
This custom formulation has balancing and regulating properties with balsamic, sweet, fruity and floral scents and soft woody notes. It will help you make the most of your Capricorn Super Full Moon experience.
To a 5ml (100 drops) euro-dropper bottle add:
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) - 60 drops
- Frankincense (Boswellia frereana or B. carterii) - 20 drops
- Ylang Ylang III (Cananga odorata) - 20 drops
- Cedarwood (Himalayan Cedarwood) - 3-5 drops
Dispense oils in your euro-dropper bottle. Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to mix oils thoroughly together. Allow to synergize for 24 hours, or longer before using.
Capricorn Super Full Moon Meditation
Perform your Meditation anytime starting from the time of the Full Moon up until the First Quarter Waning Moon in Aries on July 20th at 7:19am (vc) PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oil, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Metatron to assist you with your meditation. Metatron is a fiery and energetic Angel of Empowerment.
There are many references to the Angel Metatron in religious scholarly texts. The Angel Metatron appears in both the Talmud and the Quran, among others. Metatron is the Angel who led the people of Israel through the wilderness after their exodus from Egypt and is described as a heavenly priest.
Metatron’s name means the "one who serves behind the throne" or "one who occupies the throne next to the throne of glory.” Archangel Metatron is the Angel of Children and Messengers. As the Patron Angel of Children, Metatron oversees unity, education and truth, as well as children’s issues. One of Archangel Metatron’s chief duties is to help you own your own personal power.
Petition your heart and mind with the following:
Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Help me to be unified within my own heart, mind and soul, so that I may know peace that passeth all understanding.
- Help me to awaken to the innocence of a child within my own heart.
- Thank you for helping me gain the knowledge needed both in heart and mind that will empower me to make wise choices.
- Help me be a lover of truth and to always seek truth first and foremost.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring balance to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for guidance.