Mercury (the ruler of the Gemini New Moon) is Retrograde and all the re- words apply now. Reviewing the past to make necessary course corrections is in order.
Also, there can be a welcomed return of what you may have thought a lost opportunity. With all the luck currently in the air from Mars and Jupiter in Aries, it’s time to pick up the pace and get to re- working, re- wiring, re-doing, re- writing.
It’s time for any kind of do over that may come your way. Opportunities for second chances can abound.
The time for making forward momentum on whatever gets a makeover comes mid-June through and into late summer.
Gemini New Moon
This is your first Gemini New Moon since the Nodes shifted from the Gemini/Sagittarius axis to the Taurus/Scorpio axis. Society at large has gone through profound changes on local, as well as global levels since May 2020.
From May 20, 2020 until the Nodes final departure from Gemini/Sagittarius on January 18, 2022, we’ve experienced tremendous upheaval. Take note of how these dates (May 20, 2020 to January 18, 2022) coincide with many significant happenings worldwide from the COVID pandemic to the ramping up of physical outward signs of Climate Change.
Now with this first Gemini New Moon since the nodes departure the first of this year, we get a glimpse of what’s new in the areas of communications and networking.
As Mercury (the ruler of Gemini) is retrograde, there may be many new revelations about how things are about to change. Notice what’s happening in the world of the internet both locally and globally. For instance, Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter lines up nicely with the kind of global communication and network changes that this Gemini New Moon can indicate.
The Gemini New Moon can certainly play into seeding new ventures set to be launched in communications and networking, as well as changes worldwide.
The Gemini New Moon brings fresh new starts for everyone in the areas of communications and networking. Usually the local neighborhood locations are most effected with Gemini, ruler of the 3rd house. Going hyper local with digital influence may take on an even broader appeal.
This is a great time for socializing in your local community. Making new friends is supported and encouraged. Get out and mingle.
Gemini’s are extroverts by nature, talkative and quick minded sometimes to the extreme. Though Gemini’s can also be indecisive, unreliable and impulsive.
The Gemini New Moon indicates a fun time to be had now though full of change (especially with Mercury retrograde).
Mercury is the lower octave of Uranus and both planets exert a strong electromagnetic pull that influences the ocean tides, as well as satellite systems, computers, cars, trains, planes, buses, and telecommunications networks and equipment, as well as local and global weather patterns. Talk about Climate Change may suddenly be even more on everyone’s mind and the topic of conversations.
Agate and pearl are the lucky stones of Gemini. Both can help the Gemini to stay grounded at this time.
Tips for How the Gemini New Moon Can Affect You Personally
Everyone has the Gemini New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart.
Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Gemini New Moon influence:
- Mercury is the ruler of Gemini whose natural placement in the zodiac is the 3rd house which represents your conscious everyday thinking mind, or the lower mind. Mercury also rules how you perceive reality, your thought patterns, attitudes and judgments. How you get on in relationships in general, and with your neighbors and siblings, is represented in this house. Your style of communication and what you like to talk about is also represented by the 3rd house.
- What personal planets, or points (Midheaven or Ascendant) are located in your 3rd house? Or, do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets, or points?
- What house is your natal Mercury located in your personal astrology chart? Is there a harmonious, or stressful contact between your Mercury and your 3rd house?
- As Mercury is currently Retrograde and transiting the sign of Taurus ruled by Venus, all themes related to Taurus (money and personal assets), Venus (what gives you pleasure) and the houses Venus rules (2nd and 7th house) may all be strongly affected.
- Since the North Node and Uranus are both in Taurus as Mercury (the ruler of Gemini) is Retrograde, far reaching change is indicated that needs to be fleshed out further after Mercury stations Direct.
- As Mercury Stations Direct (June 3rd) for about 3-6 weeks we may see the implementation of new ways of connecting and communicating. The social sphere is ‘hot’ with activity just now.
- Saturn is Stationary Retrograde at the same time as Mercury Stations Direct. Time to review society’s foundations, rule of law, regulations, status quo, corporate and governmental structures, etc.
The interconnectivity of society and our global networks for creating structures that support our local economies are under review for change at this time. We are all becoming more aware of our interconnections and how we affect and influence one another. More acknowledgement of the complexity of forces at work is under way. The need for cooperation to achieve the betterment of all individuals, as well society and the world at large can be more fully realized.
9° 3’ Gemini New Moon
Monday, May 30, 4:30am PT
Mars Conjunct Jupiter
Moon Sextile Jupiter
Moon Sextile Mars
Saturn Stationary Retrograde
Moon Conjunct U.S. Natal Uranus
The Gemini New Moon brings the need for changes and spontaneity. There may be a lot of heightened buzz as people may feel especially motivated to share their feelings and views about current events. Local and community matters gain the most attention. Commonality and banding together gains importance. People’s feeling of safety lies in their open discussion about what matters most to them. This is a time to focus on shared values and what brings harmony rather than focusing on differences and what divides you from others.
Essential Oil to Use: Lemon
Use oils that help focus your mind and free you from any sticky, or overly sentimental emotional attachments. The astringent oils are all good!
Mars Conjunct Jupiter in Aries
This is one of the zodiac’s most potent combinations for winning any competition. It’s an aspect known for indicating success in war. It denotes power, strength and confidence. Someone with this combo in their natal chart exudes physical sex appeal and attractiveness. Great aspect for successfully initiating action and achieving your desired objectives.
Moon (Gemini) Sextile Jupiter (Aries)
This aspect presents an opportunity for experiencing openness and warmth. Indicates good feelings and optimistic promise. An aspect of good fortune, it’s a day filled with luck and charm.
Moon (Gemini) Sextile Mars (Aries)
You feel comfortable with putting your emotions and feelings out there. The Moon can be sensitive and shy but her Sextile to Mars has her expressing outwardly her deepest feelings which she usually holds within. This is a determined and initiative taking combination. This is feminine energy that’s receptive and readily responsive. Indicates a sexy and hot attraction.
Saturn (Aquarius Rx) Stationary Retrograde
Chance to re-structure social boundaries, rules and regulations. Doing so can make it easier in the future to be true to your self and your values. Reviewing structures and reinventing them helps create a more stable future and supports a greater vision for yourself and humanity.
Moon Conjunct U.S. Natal Uranus
Freedom of emotional expression is highlighted. Profound and sudden shifts and changes in thought can result. Old subconscious conditioning can suddenly give way to new thoughts and approaches. A time when much needed progress can be made. The old gives way to the new and innovative.
Gemini New Moon EO Recipe
To a 5ml (100 drops) euro-dropper bottle add:
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) - 40 drops
- Lemon (Citrus limon) - 20 drops
- Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) - 20 drops
- Tangerine (Citrus reticulata) - 20 drops
Dispense oils in your euro-dropper bottle. Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to mix oils thoroughly together. Allow to synergize for 12 hours, or longer before using.
- Supports courage, empathy, mercy and compassion for yourself and others.
- Strengthens your ability to communicate effectively.
- Aids effective communications and networking.
- Supports the work of writers, counselors, therapists, teachers and postal workers
Gemini New Moon Meditation
Perform your Meditation anytime starting from the time of the New Moon on May 30th at 4:30am PT up until the First Quarter Waxing Moon in Virgo on June 7th at 7:48am PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangels to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite the Archangel Michael and/or Gabriel to assist you with your meditation.
Michael is one of the four primary archangels. Archangel Michael’s station in the heaven’s is at 9° 47’ of Gemini, conjunct the Gemini New Moon, and the location of Aldeberan (Bull’s North Eye), a royal star and the watcher of the east, a place of new beginnings and fresh inspiration.
Aldeberan is a Fixed Wealth Stars and considered fortunate for bringing high honors, integrity and inventiveness. The Gemini New Moon offers a welcomed resurgence of projects related to community, networking both locally and globally.
Michael’s name means ’s/he who is like God’ or ’s/he who looks like God.’ Michael’s chief function on earth is to rid all of its inhabitants of the emotion of fear.
Michael helps people find direction in life. S/he helps you gain the necessary clarity to make changes. Michael is an angel of protection and strength and upholder of justice. S/he is the Angel of Courage and patron of the military and law enforcement.
Gabriel’s name means, “God is my strength.” An angel of mercy and compassion, Archangel Gabriel is the messenger angel. S/he guides you to experience empathy for yourself and others.
Gabriel is the angel that oversees and protects parents and children, and assists with pregnancy and birth.
The Gospel of Luke recounts the stories of the Annunciation (announcement of an incarnation), in which the angel Gabriel appears to Zechariah foretelling the birth John the Baptist and the Virgin Mary, foretelling the birth of Jesus.
Gabriel helps all those whose life calling involves communications and networking.
Gabriel is the patron angel and protector of writers, counselors, therapists, teachers and postal workers.
Defender of the North and Water Element, Gabriel helps to purify your body, thoughts and emotions.
Petition your heart and mind with the following:
Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me have the courage to make necessary changes.
- Thank you for helping me honest with myself and others.
- Thank you for helping me stand up for what is right.
- Thank you for helping me connect and communicate in ways that are healthy and productive.
- Thank you for helping me to cultivate and send out messages of love that unify and heal.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring balance to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any fear, or anxiety. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for courage to move forward and to be honest with yourself and others in ways that are beneficial and healing.