Leo Full Moon
February 5, 2023
What’s It All About?
On February 5th we have the regal Leo Full Moon. It’s time to celebrate and shine your light for the world to see. Leo’s love getting attention and being in the spotlight and this full moon is cause for us all to celebrate.
Everyone has the Leo flair in one, or more areas of their chart.
Full moons bring the realization and fulfillment of dreams, but also potential for loss. It can be a time of ending and parting of ways.
The Leo Full Moon ruled by the Sun is the most creative fulfillment Moons of the entire year. Leo represents the King or Queen within you. Where your Sun is located represents your Divine will force to exist and create something of your life.
Leo's energy is romantic, innocent and childlike. Leo's love pursuing past times, fun and entertainment, as well as taking risks. Leo is the sign of making investments and taking a gamble, especially on creative pursuits.
A Leo Moon can actually soak up all the light and energy in a room and lead with a ‘Me First’ role, or perform a more receptive role, as is the more natural characteristic role of the Moon which is Feminine and Receptive.
A Leo Moon can be one of the most immature, insecure and needy of all the Zodiac Moons. In fact, the Leo Moon has a reputation for being one of the most codependent moons of the zodiac, along with Libra and Cancer.
A mature Leo Moon is naturally altruistic and easily able to share the spotlight with his/her subjects. Remember Leo is a royal sign. It is ruled by the Sun, the center of our Solar System. So, without maturity a Leo Moon can be a despot.
Now you have an opportunity to release previous less mature notions and celebrate a victory by transcending selfish motives and me-first agendas. Let go of the need to control and manipulate to gain or retain power at all costs.
This particular Leo Full Moon with the celestial vibes activated is perfectly poised to help leaders in the United States and on the World stage to breakthrough and release petty, selfish concerns for the good of humanity. Opportunities for negotiation and making agreements seems the only way forward to resolve the tensions at play.
Be assured though that the tremendous forces at work for revolutionary change at a global level can play out in some 'dramatic' way in your own personal life.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for How the Leo Full Moon Can Affect You Personally.
Everyone has the Leo New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Leo Full Moon influence:
- The Sun, rules the sign of Leo. The Sun shines its radiant light to bring warmth and life to whatever it touches. Its brilliance can eradicate the darkest of shadows. The Sun is the universal symbol for Consciousness and the power of awareness to overcome ignorance. The Sun rules the 5th house of romance, children and investments. The 5th house is also the house of gambling and taking risks.
- What personal planets, or points are located in your 5th house? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of esteem and recognition in the world. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal Sun located in your personal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts from your personal planets to your Sun then you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your natal Sun for support.
- If there are stressful contacts to your natal Sun you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. If you can remember that when under any stress you experience at the Leo Full Moon its best to be contemplative and reflect about whatever is happening rather than be reactive to whatever surfaces. Let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. Best to let your emotions settle before taking action that may have long standing results.
Leo Full Moon Astrology
16° 41’ Leo Full Moon
Sunday, February 5, 10:28am PT
Moon Square Uranus
Venus Square Mars
Sun Square Uranus
Mercury Sextile Neptune
We are still in a very transformative (revolutionary) period of time. Much is being brought to the surface for release. You have an opportunity to transcend old karmic patterns and habits that have created conflict for you both personally and collectively at a global level. A revolution on the physical plane is taking place. Evolving consciousness for all of humanity is at the heart of this upheaval.
Can we set aside our differences and work together for the common good?The Leo Full Moon bodes well for a passionate rendezvous with something, or someone you love. Creative pursuits are in the spotlight. Though there’s a part of you that may seek, or even crave the limelight, there’s also a part that can feel insecure when getting attention. The Leo Full Moon may bring an opportunity to look at your fear of criticism. Perhaps you need to realize that your fear comes from your own inner critic’s voice. You can create peace within when you turn your inner judge into a worthy ally by accepting and appreciating its feedback for your own improvement. Now is a great time to start a new self- nurturance program. Give yourself the attention you seek outside.
Healing Gemstones & Crystals for Leo Full Moon
Tigers Eye - helps to bring balance, good for anxiety, promotes confidence and self-esteem, protects against lower negative energies.
Key Essential Oil to Use: Sweet orange
Ebullient oils that open your heart and help you express your creativity.
Leo Full Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from the time of the Full Moon up until the First Quarter Waning Moon in Scorpio on February 13th at 8:01am PT.
The Leo Full Moon is a perfect time to celebrate your wins and let go of your losses. It is a time when you can release guilt and grievances and the need to control circumstances in your life. You cannot control outer events. Engaging in the need to control in order to repress your natural feelings of fear and anger is not a winning strategy. It’s ultimate aim, to make you feel empowered when you may feel vulnerable, is not a tactic you can practice if you want to experience a peaceful and happy life.
No matter your circumstances there is always something to be grateful for. Gratitude and thanks giving shift your mindset immediately to a more positive and resilient state. When you expect good things you more readily see opportunities that a negative state of mind can overlook.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Ariel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Ariel’s name means, “Lion or Lioness of God.”
Ariel is a Creator Angel and oversees creation in the worldly realm. The Archangel of Nature, Ariel is the protector of all of Nature.
Colors associated with Ariel are soft pinks, silvery whites and pale shades of blue.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmation:
Focus upon your affirmation and take time to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of your meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me have the courage to stand up for what is right in all spheres of my life, but especially in regards to protecting the natural world.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb the light of Ariel’s healing presence. Allow Ariel to do the work necessary to bring more environmental awareness and prosperous circumstances into your life.
Let any worry or concern you may have been feeling quietly melt away. Empty yourself completely of any feeling of discomfort you may have been feeling. Just remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need for the courage and confidence needed to realize your dreams.
For more astrological insights about this particular Leo Full Moon, along with essential oil recipes, healing meditations, crystals & gemstones to use, eclipse seasons, super moons, planetary retrogrades, meaning of astrological aspects and much more check out the 2023 Astrological Moon Calendar. It will give you a snapshot overview of the emotional ebb and flow for 2023.
You can use it to get an advance look at the upcoming opportunities available for you, as well as to check in as events unfold on the worldwide scene during the year.
Even more tips are included that can help you get additional insight about how things will unfold for you personally.