This Healing & Regenerative Facial & Body Butter made with pure essential oils is absolutely exquisite for nourishing your skin cell tissues.
Its notable softening and rejuvenating powers make it excellent for treating an assortment of skin issues.
Try the Healing and Regenerative Facial and Body Butter for relieving these skin conditions: rosacea, acne, scars, blemishes, bruises, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.
Youth enhancing to the skin the Healing and Regenerative Facial and Body Butter acts as a superb anti-aging prevention treatment and can have the effect of smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
Use it to renew mature, aged or weathered skin and to fade age spots.
RECIPE makes about 4 ounces.
Preparation – what you will need:
Preferably use organic ingredients if available.
- 4oz Colored glass jar with lid
- Double boiler, or Pyrex glass measuring cup inside large pan of water (homemade double boiler)
- 4 Tablespoon light coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon pure shea butter
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 Tablespoon beeswax
- 60 drops Sandalwood essential oil 10% dilution
- 60 drops Helichrysum essential oil10% dilution
- 60-90 drops pure essential oil of your choice (lavender, ylang ylang, rose geranium)
- Sterilized instrument such as a stainless steel teaspoon
- Optional: 4-6 drops vitamin E oil
Each of the recommended pure essential oils has a long history of use for skin care.
Here are a few notable healing attributes of each oil:
Sandalwood - as a regulating oil Sandalwood is beneficial for mature skin and known to balance both dry and oily skin conditions. Consider Sandalwood for treating skin rash, eczema and psoriasis. A natural antiseptic Sandalwood oil is helpful for treating acne.
Helichrysum - is considered by many to be the #1 healing oil in aromatherapy research shows Helichrysum oil's notable anti-hematoma and skin regenerating activity to be superior to any other essential oil. Helichrysum italicum's highly regenerative nature makes it one of the strongest essential oils for relieving inflammation. Its ability to prevent swelling and inflammation and to accelerate the formation of new tissue is legendary. Helichrysum oil will work for all conditions in which inflamed tissues need to be calmed down and regenerated.
Ylang Ylang - has been traditionally used in beauty and skin care as its plant hormones promote cellular regeneration. Its moisture balancing effect on the skin's natural sebum production, makes Ylang Ylang oil suitable for sensitive, oily, dry and mature skin types.
Lavender - is excellent for skin care and promotes healing and regeneration of skin cell tissue for all skin types, especially dry skin. Use Lavender oil for burns, rashes, acne, eczema, boils, dermatitis, leg ulcers, and psoriasis. Apply Lavender oil immediately to burns to prevent blistering, or scarring, as well as speed healing of wounds as it stimulates cellular repair and regeneration.
Rose Geranium - is suitable for ALL skin types! Its regulating properties make it useful for balancing too oily, dry or combination skin types. Soothes sensitive or irritated skin Rose Geranium oil is useful for treating the following skin conditions: ringworm, acne, burns, bruises, shingles, herpes, eczema, dermatitis.
- Put shea butter and beeswax into light coconut oil and heat in a double boiler, or for a homemade double boiler use a Pyrex glass measuring cup inside a pan of water.
- Heat mixture until shea butter and beeswax melts thoroughly.
- Remove melted ingredients from the double boiler, or the measuring cup from pan, and add vegetable glycerin and blend mixture together with a sterile instrument.
- Allow butter to cool slightly before adding your essential oils – blend in essential oils gently with a sterile instrument.
- Pour butter into your container allow to set completely before using, or seal tightly with a lid and store in a cool, dry place.
Your Facial & Body Butter will keep for 6 months or longer if properly sealed and stored.
How did you like this article? Please leave your comments.
Until next time...relax, enjoy your life and stay connected!