A New Moon always brings new beginnings and fresh starts in the area of your personal life where the new moon is occurring. What house is the Leo new moon happening in your personal chart? Your 5th house, the house Leo rules, is also highlighted.
This can be a sunny time for you when you experience more of a cheerful disposition and warm heartedness towards others,
Leo Personality Traits
Leo’s characteristic charm may be on full display now. Common personality traits of Leo are courage, bravery, creative expression generosity, confidence, ambition, loyalty and fierce protection of one’s close family and friends.
Leo rules the heart, spine, spinal system and upper back. Leos have a tremendous sense of honor. They are said to have the backbone needed to stand up for what is right. They tend to follow the impulses of their heart and intuition.
This is a great time for starting new creative projects. The Leo New Moon conjunct the Leo Sun is Trine to Jupiter which stations Retrograde today. There can be a feeling of return of something you felt you had lost. Your optimism and enthusiasm for life can get renewed and deepened.
The Leo New Moon’s Square to Uranus of course can bring surprising breakthroughs for you and unexpected events. Though it depends upon where and how the Leo New Moon is aspected in your own personal chart, generally this can signal a period when you feel recharged.
We had an especially volatile springtime with Mars transiting Aries and Jupiter (conjunct Mars) on entry into Aries mid-May. Mars’ ingress into Taurus has slowed the Martian energy down somewhat during the second and third weeks of July. However, now you may be feeling things heat up again over the past few days as Mars is about to exactly Conjunct Uranus and the North Node on July 29th.
Best gemstones and crystals for Leo are:
- Ruby - Promotes vitality and youth and general sense of well-being and health, increases circulation, improves energy levels, use to promote heart health, detoxification, ameliorate intense emotions like anger and rage. Good stone for releasing grievances.
- Tigers Eye - Helps to bring balance, good for anxiety, promotes confidence and self esteem, protects against lower negative energies.
- Citrine - Helps increase blood circulation, good for congested conditions, improves thyroid and immune function.
Tips for How the Leo New Moon Can Affect You Personally
Everyone has the Leo New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Leo New Moon influence:
- The Sun, rules the sign of Leo. The Sun shines its radiant light to bring warmth and life to whatever it touches. Its brilliance can eradicate the darkest of shadows. The Sun is the universal symbol for Consciousness and the power of awareness to overcome ignorance. The Sun rules the 5th house of romance, children and investments. The 5th house is also the house of gambling and taking risks.
- What personal planets, or points are located in your 5th house? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets, or points? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of esteem and recognition in the world. While harsh aspects will augment the challenges presented at this time.
- What house is your natal Sun located in your personal astrology chart? This is probably the greatest significator for how the Leo new moon will affect you. If you have harmonious contacts from your personal planets to your Sun then you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your natal Sun for support.
- If there are stressful contacts to your natal Sun you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. If you can remember that when under any stress you experience at the Leo New Moon its best to be contemplative and reflect about whatever is happening rather than be reactive to whatever surfaces. Let yourself be guided to the best course of action.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche the emotions will be transient. Best to let your emotions settle before taking action that may have long standing results.
The Leo New Moon cycle brings fresh opportunities that will play out until the next New Moon which will be in Virgo on August 27th.
5° 39’ Leo New Moon
Wednesday, July 28, 10:55am PT
- Moon Trine Jupiter
- Sun Trine Jupiter
- Mercury Square Uranus
- Mercury Square Uranus
- Jupiter Stations Retrograde
- Moon Square Uranus, Mars and the North Node (exact tomorrow)
- Moon Opposes Saturn (Aquarius) - this energy initiated now will play out and be realized at the Aquarius Full Moon on August 11th.
The Leo Moon brings opportunity from impressing others and getting praise and admiration with mixed results. Though there’s a part of you that may seek, or even crave the limelight, there’s also a part that feels insecure when getting attention. The Leo Moon may bring an opportunity to look at your fear of criticism. Perhaps you need to realize that your fear comes from your own inner critics voice. You can create peace within when you turn your inner judge into a worthy ally by accepting and appreciating its feedback for your own improvement. Now is a great time to start a new self nurturance program. Give yourself the attention you seek outside. With Jupiter Retrograde you can review your own thought patterns and the emotions seeding them to great effect.
Essential Oil to Use: Patchouli
Essential oils that spark your passion and creative fires.
Moon (Leo) Trine Jupiter (Aries) - Warmth, generosity and optimism are hallmarks of this aspect. The feelings are sunny and open to making new connections. New relationships are possible now that highlight a friendly disposition. Things can easily fall into place with this kind of aspect.
Sun (Leo) Trine (Jupiter) - This aspect brings opportunities for good luck. You may be feeling especially enthusiastic and self confident. This can be a time when you can feel happy for no reason. There is a magnetic and attractive quality to this aspect, with feelings of happiness, optimism, enthusiasm, and self-confidence.
Mercury (Leo) Square Uranus (Taurus) - Stay open to your plans changing. Mercury is the lower octave of Uranus, both are super charged electrical forces operating in your psyche which spell nervous energy that can feel a little like a loose cannon looking for a target. Excitement, change, drama and upsets can occur. Mercury’s Square to Uranus can bring unusual, bizarre and strange coincidences.
Jupiter Stations Retrograde in Aries - Jupiter’s Retrograde in the cardinal sign of Aries may bring the return of an opportunity for social expansion. When Jupiter dips back into Pisces for one final time until 2034 we might see the revisal of social programs and services. Social justice and equality are concerns of Jupiter. In March when Saturn enters Pisces we may begin to see new compassionate programs for humans and the environment take shape.
Moon (Leo Square Uranus, Mars and the North Node (Taurus) - This brings things to a boil for release in the collective psyche of humanity, as well as other sentient beings. Earth changes and disruptions may occur. These celestial forces can spawn dramatic events! Its effect can be akin to a massive awakening occurring for everyone worldwide. Something major may happen now. Stay positive. It’s a time to tune into your inner guidance. Fantastic things can occur when this meeting of planets and points occurs though much may have to be released that blocks its appearance in 3D. It’s a time to keep the faith and be resilient.
Moon (Leo) Opposes Saturn (Aquarius) - The Leo New Moon with the addition of Saturn in the mix forms a T-Square with Uranus, Mars and the North Node. This is a Fixed T-Square, so there’s stubbornness to making necessary changes. The changes are here whether we like it or not. Resistance is futile with these kind of cosmic forces operating to bring change. There’s no one to blame to get you out of making necessary changes. It’s time for humanity to grow up and act as responsible stewards of the earth. Saturn represents government, corporations and the established way of doing things not wanting to change. Creative solutions can be born now to the dilemmas we face with climate change worldwide. We must come together to solve our common problems. There’s a potential for a major awakening with shock factor maybe playing a role.
Leo New Moon EO Recipe
This custom formulation has grounding and uplifting properties with sweet, citrusy and floral scents and spicy notes. It will help you make the most of your Leo New Moon experience.
To a 5ml (100 drops) euro-dropper bottle add:
Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis) - 40
Ylang Ylang III (Cananga odorata) - 30 drops
Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) - 20 drops
Ginger (Zingiber offinale) - 10 drops
Dispense oils in your euro-dropper bottle. Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to mix oils thoroughly together. Allow to synergize for 24 hours, or longer before using.
Leo New Moon Meditation
Perform your Meditation anytime starting from the time of the Leo New Moon up until the First Quarter Waxing Moon in Scorpio on August 5th at 4:06 am PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oil, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Ariel to assist you with your meditation.
Ariel’s name means “Lion or lioness of God.”
Ariel is a key protector of the natural world. S/he is especially helpful in protecting the wild animals of the world, the birds and fish and all the wild animals of nature. Ariel protects the environment and assists with growing environmental awareness and environmental justice.
Whenever you need courage to do what is right call upon Ariel. S/he is the patron Angel of wild animals, manifestation, abundance and good fortune.
Petition your heart and mind with the following:
Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me to stand up and speak out to support environmental justice.
- Thank you for helping me become more aware of how I can support and protect the environment.
- Thank you for helping me be a good steward of the earth.
- Thank you for helping me be a good example for family, friends and my community for environmental awareness.
- Help me to show more appreciation for nature and the natural world.
- Thank you for helping me express my creativity in ways that are rewarding and fulfilling to me, as well as helpful to the environment.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring greater awareness for supporting the natural world. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let go of any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel the need to grow your own environmental awareness, get additional support to protect the natural world and create more prosperity for yourself and others.
Now available for purchase, Angel Prayers & Affirmations with Essential Oils to Use: Meditations & Angelic Assistance A-Z Guide -- By KG Stiles
Leave a comment