What’s it all about?
The Sagittarius New Moon Lunar Eclipse brings opportunities for healing, as well as initiating new horizons for your life.
Now is the perfect time to open up to the tremendous healing and regeneration on offer for your psyche. You have an opportunity to let go of old ideologies and philosophies about how life is. Are you willing to let go of prejudice and embrace understanding and a meeting of minds and hearts? If so, you can step onto a new super highway of life that will take you to new undreamt of (before now) destinations.
Sagittarius New Moon
The tensions of the fall eclipse season continue to wane though it can take six months after the final eclipse to fully integrate the changes initiated at the eclipses.
The peak intensity of celestial energies activated by the final Square between Uranus and Saturn happened October 1-12. The pair are now 3+ degrees apart and the harshness of the square continues to separate and diminish.
Although the energies of Neptune opposite the U.S. zodiac chart’s natal Neptune are in exact opposition until December 31, 2022. Then the pair will separate and only come back within about 2° of exact in 2023. Then move off again December 6, 2023 when Neptune stations Direct at 24.° After which, the pair will continue to further separate. The Neptune opposition to the U.S. natal Neptune occurred at the time of the Civil War in the United States from April 12, 2061 to 9, 2065.
Also, Pluto will come within minutes of exact conjunction to the 27° 33’ natal Pluto of the U.S. zodiac chart on October 10, 2023 when Pluto will station Direct and begin to separate even further. This is where Pluto was at the time of the American Revolutionary War.
We’ve gone through a review of the energies constellated at both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars for the United States which has been a very intensive initiation into maturing us as a nation and our place on the worldwide stage. It’s been intense and revealing.
Much needs to be brought to light, owned and integrated, so that we can heal as one nation.
A tremendous new beginning is set to take place for all things related to Jupiterian themes at the Sagittarius New Moon.
Sagittarius’ symbol is the archer. One thinks of focusing your energy and attention on foreign vistas. More often than not Sagittarians do attain their objectives/goals in life.
Sagittarius’ associated color is purple. A color that denotes spirituality and enlightenment. The color purple opens the third eye and the higher mind to visions for the future. If you can imagine it, you can become it.
Purple is also a royal color and just wearing it can elevate your own vibrational frequency. It can enhance your good luck and increase your positive feelings of prosperity abundance.
It’s no wonder that Sagittarius is considered one of the luckiest signs of the zodiac. With their natural exuberance and love for life, Jupiterian’s enthusiastic and positive attitude makes them especially attractive to creating auspicious outcomes in life.
Often associated with Santa Claus, Jupiter, the biggest most expansive planet in our solar system, rules this zodiac sign. So, expect big and bold fresh starts for all things related to Sagittarius and its 9th house placement on the zodiac wheel.
Sagittarians are lovers of humanity!
As one of the mutable signs of the zodiac and ruler of the 9th house, Sagittarians are adaptable and can easily adjust to circumstances more readily than most other zodiac signs. This is a real plus for them. They know how to get along. They love foreign travel and relish in differences. They love higher learning, publishing and philosophy. Communication and exploration are also strong themes for Sagittarius.
Known for their emotional intelligence, Sagittarius natives easily connect with others from all strata of society and make friends easily.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for how the Sagittarius New Moon can affect you personally
Everyone has the Sagittarius New Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Sagittarius New Moon influence:
- Where (what house) is the sign of Sagittarius located in your natal chart? This is the area of your life that will be most affected now for experiencing endings and new beginnings.
- Jupiter is the ruler of Sagittarius whose natural placement in the zodiac is the 9th house which represents higher education, foreign travel, beliefs, religion, ideology, the higher mind.
- Jupiter is also the old ruler of Pisces (modern ruler Neptune which governs the 12th house of the unconscious mind). By all indications what transpires now has far reaching ramifications on very deep psychic levels for you. Your attitudes from the past are being expanded and potentially healed. How much will past ideologies, beliefs and attitudes influence you and society at large in the future?
- What personal planets are located in your 9th and 12th houses? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets?
- What house is your natal Jupiter located in your personal astrology chart? Is there a harmonious, or stressful contact between your Jupiter and your 9th (or 12th) house?
- As Jupiter is transiting the last degrees of Pisces ruled by Neptune, all themes related to Neptune (spiritual ideals, arts, creative pursuits, fantasy, dreams and illusions), along with the usual Jupiterian themes (travel, adventure, philosophy & religion) will be greatly emphasized now.
- Additionally the last degrees of Pisces has to do with fated events and the end of an era. There’s a feeling of finality now about whatever transpires.
- Neptune has been at the same 22° since the end of October and will station direct on December 2rd. Your life may have felt in slow motion, or even limbo and you wait for the final verdict. By the Gemini Full Moon on December 7th full illumination will come.
- Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to your 9th and 12th houses from one or more planets in your natal chart, or currently by transit? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to your feeling of harmony, balance and justice. While harsh aspects will augment any struggles presented at this time.
- What houses is your natal Venus and Mercury located in your natal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts to and from these celestial bodies in your chart then you will feel more supported at this time.
- You may want to lean into the supportive energies symbolized by harmonious aspects in your natal chart for support.
- Are there are stressful contacts to planets, or points in your natal chart to your luminaries (the Sun, or Moon) in your natal chart, or by transit? You’ll want to take note of these. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth and change. Remember to always let yourself be guided to the best course of action. During an eclipse the luminaries are under more stress from celestial influences than is usual with a full, or new moon.
- The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens, though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche, the emotions will be transient.
- You may feel a little emotional at the Sagittarius New Moon. There can be an intense feelings that surface if your own natal Chiron is activated, or if Chiron transiting Aries aspects one of your personal planets. Meditation and healing work are especially recommended at this time.
- This is a tremendous time for letting go and healing old wounds. Drop any burdens and move confidently forward into a new era of your life.
Check out Meaning of the 12 Houses of the Zodiac to find out more how the Aquarius New Moon may be influencing you personally.
Sagittarius New Moon Astrology
1° 37’ Sagittarius New Moon
Wednesday, November 23, 2:57pm PT
Jupiter Station Direct
Moon Conjunct Venus
Moon Conjunct Mercury
Mercury Trine Chiron (Rx)
The Sagittarius Moon can bring a great need to search for greater understanding. Your feeling of emotional safety gets a boost when you are starting a new program that will give your life more inherent meaning. Optimism abounds with a Sagittarius Moon, but this one especially so as it is conjunct Venus, the planet of personal love energies. Today, also Jupiter’s Direct Motion brings additional auspicious new beginnings. The eclipses have cleared your way and now you can plant seeds for welcomed new beginnings that omen prosperous outcomes. Make the most this time.
Moon (Sagittarius) Conjunct Venus - indicates strong empathic feeling and sensitivity to the pain and suffering of others. There’s a feeling of openness and compassion. Supports an inclusive sense of commonality and belonging.
Moon (Sagittarius) Conjunct Mercury - curious, intuitive, open mindedness, ability to handle strong emotions. With the Moon Conjunct both Mercury and Venus, today marks a day to be generous and enjoy life’s pleasures.
Mercury (Sagittarius) Trine Chiron Rx (Aries) - you’ll be more able to express old, internalized pain. A good time to review painful memories, so that healing may occur.
Jupiter Stations Direct (exact November 23rd) - your final review of Pisces is ending. What lessons have you learned since mid-October when Jupiter dipped back into Pisces. Expanding your intuition comes with greater compassionate understanding for the human condition (which of course includes you).
Healing Gemstones & Crystals
Turquoise - is the main stone of Sagittarius and is especially recommended for use at this time to promote healing of old wounds. A healer of spirit, turquoise brings peace of mind. It provides soothing energy to Sagittarius’ active mind. The Turquoise gemstone can help deepen your intuition, protect and guide you during the times of great transition we are in and when faced with the unknown. Turquoise supports your expression of independent action while also keeping you safe.
Amethyst - with its many powerful properties, amethyst is frequently used for enhancing your intuition and other psychic abilities. It helps improve the flow of subtle energies through the chakra energy system. A very harmonizing stone, amethyst helps you to shift and make changes. A stone of transformation, amethyst quietens the emotions and calms the mind..
Key Essential Oil to Use: Cinnamon leaf
Spicy oils that stimulate your senses and inspire you to new adventures.
Sagittarius New Moon EO Recipe
This custom formulation has a sweet, citrusy, floral and balsamic scent with exotic and sensual notes and a hint of spice that lift your spirits and balance your senses. It will help you make the most of your Sagittarius Moon experience.
To a 5ml (approximately 100 drops) euro-dropper bottle add:
Sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) - 40 drops
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) - 20 drops
Clary sage (Salvia sclarea) - 20 drops
Frankincense/Olibanum oil (Boswellia frereana) - 20 drops
Cinnamon (Cinnamomun zeylanicum) - 3-5 drops
Dispense oils in your euro-dropper bottle. Cap bottle tightly and shake vigorously to mix oils thoroughly together. Allow to synergize for 12 hours, or longer before using.
Sagittarius New Moon Meditation
You can perform your meditation anytime starting from the Sagittarius New Moon until the First Quarter Waxing Moon on November 30th at 6:36am PT.
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle and inhale the scent of your essential oil. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangels to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite the Archangels Michael and Zadkiel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world.
Michael’s name means, “S/he who is like God.”
One of the four chief archangels and one of the lead archangels, Michael is defender of the South and the fire element. With his sword of truth, archangel Michael cuts through lies and deception to reveal truth.
Call upon archangel Michael for courage, strength and grounding, as well as to overcome fear.
Michael is the patron angel of all those in the legal and military professions. The color associated with archangel Michael is blue.
Zadkiel’s name means, “Righteousness of God”
An angel of grace, freedom, benevolence and mercy, call upon Zadkiel If you suffer from self judgment, or unforgiveness towards yourself or another.
Zadkiel can boost your communications with the heavenly regions. S/he acts like a director of communications to help you get direct assistance from God and can assist you with acts of transformation and freedom.
Zadkiel is the patron angel of all those who forgive and an angel of mercy. Violet is the color associated with Zadkiel.
Linking with Michael and Zadkiel at the Sagittarius New Moon can help bring protection, as well as boost your courage and your ability to communicate clearly in ways that support healing of old wounds. Both Angels help to elevate your frequency of attraction and increase your prosperity and good fortune during periods of great transition when restricted growth is necessary. During these times the formation of new structures can take place that will support a new era and vision for future growth.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmations:
Choose one, or more affirmations, to focus upon at this time. Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me feel safe and protected.
- Thank you for helping me express more acceptance and loving kindness in my life.
- Thank you for helping me elevate my frequency, so that I send and receive only positive, life sustaining vibrations.
- Thank you for helping me feel strong and empowered.
- Thank you for helping me find my way in life.
- Thank you for helping me communicate in ways that are empowering and loving.
- Thank you for helping me be more gracious, kind and tolerant of others.
- Thank you for helping me remain faithful to myself.
- Thank you for helping me freely express myself.
Allow the alignment of your heart and mind to bring harmony to your life. Allow the renewal of your heart, mind and purpose in this moment. Let gi any resistance to being fully present in this moment. Just allow yourself to remain peaceful and calm.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you’re feeling fearful, or need comfort and solace, or want help getting along better with others. Or, whenever you need help with self expression and communicating effectively to get your needs met and to recover from any disappointment, or sense of loss.