Cancer Full Moon
December 26, 2023
What’s It All About?
All matters related to Cancer (home, family, roots, security) are in the spotlight for celebration and completion. Things can now come full circle for you in this area of your life.
The Cancer Full Moon marks a time of celebration for home and family. Early childhood issues can be illuminated for a full and complete disclosure that may be long overdue. Letting go of deeply rooted past family issues is important if you’re to enjoy the fulfillment of dreams yet to come.
Cancer natives can be quite goofy with a lively sense of humor. They’re sense of light heartedness can mask a deep insecurity. This is because Cancer’s feel everything very deeply and, almost reflexively, want to hide their natural innate feeling of vulnerability.
The symbol of cancer is the crab. Their hard shell gives defensive cover and protection for their soft interior. Cancer natives are exceedingly sensitive emotionally and easily wounded by criticism, or harsh words.
Cancer individuals can be prone to nervousness and anxiety. They seek security and comfort from close companions and are lovers of home and family. They make wonderful parents though they can become quite over protective and controlling.
Co-dependence can become an issue for Cancer natives. They can also be prone to substance abuse as a coping mechanism for their deep insecurity and drive for security in an uncertain world.
What’s Up in Your Chart?
Tips for How the Cancer Full Moon Can Affect You Personally.
Everyone has the Cancer Full Moon influence in one, or more areas of their chart. Here are a few areas of your chart where you can experience the Cancer Moon influence:
- Check all the usual places for how this Cancer full moon may be affecting you and for insights about the important changes you need to make in your life.
- What planets are located in your 4th house (ruled by Cancer)?
- The sensitive, feminine, reflective and psychic cancer moon is the ruler of Cancer.Cancer is the natural ruler of the 4th house. All matters of home, family and early childhood issues are highlighted at this time.
- Where (what house) is your natal moon (the moon governs Cancer) located in your natal chart?
- What personal planets are located in your 4th house? Do you have any easy flowing, or hard aspects to this house from one or more of your personal planets? The easy flowing aspects offer support and protection to you at this time. While harsh aspects can augment any challenges presented at this time.
- What house is the Cancer moon located in your natal astrology chart? If you have harmonious contacts from personal planets you will feel more supported at this time. You may want to lean into the energy symbolized by these harmonious aspects to your moon for support. If there are stressful contacts to your natal moon you’ll want to take note of this. Challenging aspects give you an opportunity for growth. If you can, remember that with the Cancer moon we tend to take things very personally. It’s best to be contemplative at this time and reflect upon what is happening rather than be reactive to whatever surfaces.
- Jupiter is Stationary Direct today. It has been slowing down for the past week to ten days. During this time, and for another week to two weeks until the Capricorn New Moon on January 11, 2024, you may experience a tremendous purging of emotions. It’s a very sensitive period of time. Get support from a friend, or family member if you need it, or even a professional counselor. Spiritual support is absolutely essential if you’re feeling low and depressed spirits. It’s a time when you can cleanse your internal house of suppressed emotions. Long baths with sea salt and aromatherapy can be life savers for processing and expelling negative repressed emotions, fears and worries.
- There’s also tremendous opportunity to move forward and create new structures for the fulfillment of dreams and love projects for yourself, home and family.
The moon moves quickly through each sign and house, so whatever happens, though it may leave a lasting impact upon your psyche, the emotions will be transient.
4° 57’ Cancer Full Moon
Tuesday, December 26, 4:32pm PT
Moon Trine Saturn
Moon Sextile Jupiter Rx
Mercury Square Neptune
Mercury Conjunct Mars
Venus Sextile Mars
Sun Trine Jupiter Rx
Chiron Stationary Direct (exact today)
Jupiter Stationary Direct (exact December 30th)
There’s opportunity for illumination and discovering secrets that have been locked away. All Full Moons bring emotional issues to the surface. Now you are focused on feeling secure and safe in your home and with family. Your emotions may fluctuate more than usual. Stay out of your head and in your heart. This Moon is excellent for forgiving in order to move on. Otherwise you could be subject to feeling the blues now. You’ll enjoy staying close to home and surrounding yourself with your favorite creature comforts. Now can be an emotionally satisfying time for you when you experience a real sense of belonging.
Healing Gemstones and Crystals for Cancer
Rose Quartz - calming, cooling, spiritual attunement to love
Key Essential Oils for the Cancer Full Moon
Oils that alleviate anxiety, nourish the emotions and support congenial relations in the home, family and with close loved ones.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) - Scent: Fresh, sweet, floral and herbaceous
Lavender is highly scented with a distinctly sweet, robust and floral aroma. A universal healing oil, lavender has broad spectrum application and is one of the most popular oils in aromatherapy.
- For help to relieve stress, lavender oil may be your best choice.
- Rich in monoterpenols, Lavender promotes emotional balance, as well as calms nervous energy, anxiety and stress.
- Lavender oil is also high in esters which give it its very fragrant note and calming influence.
- Consider using lavender oil for balancing hyper emotional states. It may be useful for relieving shock, anger, impatience and irritability.
- Psycho-emotionally, Lavender oil's calming effect can help dispel negative mental states like fear and worry.
A study conducted on Lavender oil in anxiety disorders showed that Lavender oil, “Exhibits many desirable properties of an anxiolytic agent, including a calming effect without sedation, as well as a lack of dependence, tolerance, or withdrawal.”
The study also cited that Lavender oil, “Has a relatively benign side effect profile in short-term studies, and its onset of efficacy is more rapid than current first-line agents."
Cancer Full Moon Meditation
You can perform your Meditation anytime starting from the hour just prior to the exact Cancer Full Moon up until the First Quarter Waning Moon in Taurus on January 18th.
This is a great moon for performing an emotional detox ritual before performing your Full Moon Meditation - check the Emotional Detox Ritual HERE. The effect of your emotional detox can help bring a more open, trusting, loving and understanding heart. When your heart is freed of toxic emotions its easier for you to feel compassionate, patient and at peace in your daily life, no matter what events are occurring. Emotional Detoxification is one of the simplest, easiest and effective ways to dislodge/end negative emotional habits and inherited patterns
What you will need:
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend - use one of the recommended oils, or blend of oils
Make sure you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
Light your white candle. Dispense your oil onto a cotton ball, or smell strip and inhale the scent. You can also scent your space prior to your meditation using an aroma diffuser.
Gaze into the candle flame as you begin to breathe in fully and deeply and exhale any tension. The candle flame reflects your own Divine heart center.
Continue inhaling the scent of your oil and releasing any tension for 1-5 minutes.
Archangel to Assist You
At this time, if you choose, you can invite Archangel Gabriel to assist you with your meditation. Angels are ‘light’ beings, simply meaning they are aligned with the creative power of the universe to create peace and harmony in our world. You might say Angels are the Creator’s Divine perfect thoughts of grace available to everyone, at all times.
Gabriel's name means, "God is my strength."
An angel of mercy and compassion, Archangel Gabriel is the messenger angel. S/he guides you to experience empathy for yourself and others.
Gabriel is the angel that oversees and protects parents and children, and assists with pregnancy and birth.
Gabriel helps all those whose life calling involves communications and networking.
Gabriel is the patron angel and protector of writers, counselors, therapists, teachers and postal workers.
Defender of the North and Water Element, Gabriel helps to purify your body, thoughts and emotions.
The color associated with Gabriel is white.
Linking with Gabriel can bring protection and increased prosperity and good fortune to you, your family and home during periods of great transition when restricted growth is necessary (as happens during the winter season). During these times the formation of new structures take place that will support a new era and vision for future growth.
What you will need
- A white candle
- Essential oil or blend of oils that are warming, stimulating and protective
Be sure you are in a comfortable and quiet place.
Light your white candle and inhale your essential oil scent as you focus your awareness at to your heart center.
Breathe in the scent of your oil for several cycles of breathing. Allow yourself to relax, be calm and silent.
Petition your heart and mind with the following affirmations:
You can choose one, or more, affirmations to focus upon at this time. Take time between each appeal to drink in and absorb the response by your heart and mind to fulfill your request. Allow yourself the time needed to fully engage in and experience the results of this meditation.
You can also make up your own personalized petitions that feel most suitable for you at this time.
- Thank you for helping me to forgive past grievances with others.
- Thank you for helping me express more love and appreciation for my life and the people in my life.
Now, be still and silent as you absorb Gabriel’s angelic healing light. Allow Gabriel to do the work necessary to bring balance and healing to all of your communications and connections with others. Let any worry or concern about communicating, relating with others, or speaking your truth to quietly melt away.
Empty yourself completely of any feeling of discomfort you may have been feeling. Just remain peaceful and calm as you absorb Gabriel’s healing light.
Take as long as needed to complete this meditation. Repeat as needed whenever you feel anxious about communicating, writing, or connecting with others, or would like to feel more peace and harmony in your life.
For greater insight about this particular Sagittarius New Moon, along with essential oil recipes, healing meditations, crystals & gemstones to use, eclipse seasons, super moons, planetary retrogrades, meaning of astrological aspects and much more check out my 2024 Astrological Moon Calendar.